Sunny Afternoon Cover

bikewrecker

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 am

Here it is. Need to work on the vocals a bit more, and I made a few mistakes. Overall though, that's about as good as I can play it.

AcousticAl

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:16 am

Bikewrecker!

Congrats on your (1st?) upload? Really good job getting the alternating bass going.
Being able to sing while playing is great as well. A lot of us had (and still have)a tough time keeping the strumming going while singing.

Keep strummin!

BTW- my wife thinks you're a ringer for Robert Pattinson! Ever heard that before?

rapsidy

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 am

Bikewrecker?? hope thats not literal?

Anyhow as Al said really good first post, it sounded really good apart from those couple of obvious hic ups :) your singing was easy to listen to, its something that we can always improve if ya got money for lessons but you do a great job and i really enjoyed it. Interesting song choice as you dont look that old and this is a bit of an old tune, good olod tune but :P

great job look forward to more post from you

Brad

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:14 am

Great first post Bikewrecker! This is a great tune and you do it justice. I'd maybe take the capo off or put it up 2 frets to find the key which suits your voice better. The singing is good, just find the key that allows you to be more comfortable with it. I was singing along with you an octave higher and I'm sure you could manage it higher too. Great job!

buddy

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:56 am

Wrekerman,

Welcome and a great job on this song. Nice playing and singing. Looking forward to more of your videos.

Lavallee

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:48 am

Hi Bikewrecker, nice post. I like your pinching /strumming, you keep a good tempo.

Marc

dennisg

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:09 am

Hi Bike,

Congratulations on on a very good first post of a song I've always liked (and have even sung at karaoke bars). Most people who play the song only play the bass string on that little run, so it's really impressive that you've managed to do that run in harmony with different strings.

Two things you might want to think about: 1) the tempo seems to drift throughout the song; you start out at one tempo, then the song noticeably speeds up. Consider using a metronome to keep the tempo steady; and 2) it's great that you're accomplished enough to sing and play at the same time. But I'd scoot the capo up at least a couple of frets to make the song more comfortable for your vocal range.

Craig

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:18 am

Cngratulations on a good post. I can't offer much better advice than you have already gotten from the other members, just wanted to say well done and thanks for sharing!
Craig

BobR

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi Bikewrecker,

I just wanted to say I enjoyed your first video.

Thanks for posting.

Bob

MarkM

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Bikewrecker,

Welcome aboard. I really enjoyed this video of yours. Nice fisrt post. This is such a good song. After watching you I'll have to go and see the lesson now. Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic