chefrusso learning Stairway to Heaven guitar lesson

Mats_Houah

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:25 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:15 am

Hi Christian,

Nice job! The WHOLE SONG too! Loved the lead. And nice to see an electric upload as well.

I really enjoy playing this song- but don't ever try to play it in a music store- you get tossed out!

;)

webtvdan

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Nicely played & great left hand position. You’re holding the electric like it was classical guitar – even looks like your left foot is on a stool. Did your start with a classical guitar?

Well done.

Dan

willem

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Chef,,way to go,,really..

BobR

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi Christian,

Unfortunately for some reason the video seems to be stopping and starting. From what I did hear it sounds real nice. Hopefully when I get home tonight I'll be able to watch it uninterrupted.

Bob

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Thanks everyone, I've been working on this one for a long, long time.

@Dan - I was trained early on sitting in the classical position with a footstool, and I prefer it for the most part (especially for finger style) unless I'm doing some simple strumming songs in a casual atmosphere. I find it holds the guitar in almost the same exact postion as when I'm in a standing position with a guitar strap.

@AcousticAl - I don't for the life of me understand why this song gets such a bad rap in the guitar stores, or even on stage for that matter, but I know enough not to play it there. I think radio had a lot to do with ruining a perfectly good song for most people. I don't care though, I enjoyed playing it either way!

BigBear

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Christian- great job! Especially liked your use of the backing track and not making it too overwhelming.

Also, excellent work on the lead riff. Almost sounded like Jimmy!

Now you need to repost this song and sing it!! If you can play like Jimmy and sing like Robert then you're really on to something! lol!

Again, very nice job and thanks for posting it! :cheer:

BigBear

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Thanks Big Bear!

This is a work in progress, so I am planning on posting again once I can actually sing and play the song at the same time. Right now, I can do either or, but not both. When I was in my late teens I was in a band as the lead singer and this is one of the songs we used to play. It's always had a special place in my heart and brings back great memories of being in a band and having fun performing. I've only been playing guitar for about 4 years now, but wanting to be able to perform again is what prompted me to learn guitar in the first place. I can think of no better place to work on my performance than here among friends! Thanks again.

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Great job Christian.

Nice to hear the complete song, once you've got the transitions between effects there will be no stopping you. Playing wise can't add much its all great; not sure about pick-up selection though I think , but could be wrong, but I think Page uses more bridge pick-up for the solo. Nevertheless, one of the best covers of the solo I've listened to in a long time.

Great also to see an electric here what is it a PRS?

regards

Chas

buddy

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Christian,

Very nice job on this song. One suggestion would to use a little less reverb as it reduced the clarity of your nice and well done finger picking.

Great job on the solo !!!!!!!

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic