chefrusso learning Stairway to Heaven guitar lesson

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Great Job Chef! I'll take a side order of vocal with that next time around. Solo sounded hot! Great first post. ANd the first electric post too if I'm not mistaken.

RicksPick

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Chef been a while welcome back

Nicely done, sounded great

RicksPick

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Nicely done. I agree that the backing track was used well. Not too overwhelming. The lead was very good as well. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Pizza points to you!!!!! B) B)

J

haoli25

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Well done, Christian! Bravo! The solo was a very nice dessert too. I'll bet you will have your ship rockin' across the water. Thanks for posting your video, I really enjoyed your performance.

Bill Image

BobR

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Christian,

I was able to see this at home without the video stopping and I must say great job. :woohoo:

Bob

lueders

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Chefrusso, Thanks for posting that! I dug the solo, totally made me want an electric.

Think it is safe to say you're getting those chops back from earlier days. Either that, or you're definitely kickin' butt in the present...if you didn't wail before.)

I say, you're already in the garage, you got the axe, why not open that sucker up invite the neighbors for a rockin" block party?

Craig

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Christian,
As others have already stated, great job knowing the whole song, playing the lead and having a little tracking beat to go by. Very well done! I enjoyed watching it.
Craig

Lavallee

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Christian, Nice playing with the GP backing track. I need to do this. Daryl sent me a track of the song I should use it. Really envy your picking, this is something I cannot do. Eeven simple picking is a real challenge, You did a great job

Marc

heatndude

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:42 pm

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I have been away for a while, but I've been busy practicing and getting through this thing we call life. All in all, I've been working on this song for over 2 years and I'm really happy to finally have it where it's sounding good. I know I still have to apply a little polish to it and I want to be able to sing as well as play it. I will for the next take, promise! B) I had no idea that I was the first to post electric, that's cool! I've only been playing guitar for about 4 years now and I never played before.

@Chas - I know I need to work on those transitions more between the clean and distorted parts and I need to switch to the bridge pickup during the solo. It's so much to tackle to begin with that I've neglected those areas a little, although I realize they are very important to bring the song up to performance level. I'm playing a Schecter C-1+ guitar and I would highly recommend them. It's a very versatile guitar because I can play either with single-coil or humbucking, the action is excellent, and it has amazing tone. I have heard a lot about the PRS guitars and I'm going to be sure to check them out if I'm ever in the market.

@Bud - point well taken. I've got to remember that sometimes less is more! I'll be sure to turn down the reverb next time.

@Leuders - I started playing guitar about 4 years ago so this is my first time around.

@ Lavellee - I use GP all the time when I practice. You can't beat having a whole band backing you up when you play and there is so many things you can do with the program to help you along the way. I was so happy to see them incorporate GP into the lessons here.

BigBear

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:44 am

chefrusso wrote:
Thanks Big Bear!

This is a work in progress, so I am planning on posting again once I can actually sing and play the song at the same time. Right now, I can do either or, but not both. When I was in my late teens I was in a band as the lead singer and this is one of the songs we used to play. It's always had a special place in my heart and brings back great memories of being in a band and having fun performing. I've only been playing guitar for about 4 years now, but wanting to be able to perform again is what prompted me to learn guitar in the first place. I can think of no better place to work on my performance than here among friends! Thanks again.

Christian- this is my absolute, all time favorite song and unlike most people you did it proud!! I can't wait to hear you sing it. That is a tall order because neither Page or Plant ever did both. If you can pull it off, YOU DA MAN!! lol!

BTW- this is also my wife's favorite song so when we figured that out, gettin' married was a done deal!

It's great to see someone come back to the songs they played in their youth. It's like a dream come true! I hope to post an old high school band song soon!

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic