nesh16041972 learning to play I should have know better acoustic guitar

brucesd

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi Marc,

Trust me, if you'd start a thread about this, I'll definitely contribute! :cheer:

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Vanessa, nothing wrong with strmming differently as long as the integrity of the song is kept, and you are doing a great job.

Since you have a lot of experience with this, why don"t you start a thread on what it takes to get in a band. By what it takes I do not necessarally mean talent( it is required of course), but some of the knowledge required, what existing people from a band expect from a new comer, what to expect the first nigth of a performance, what kind of personnal practice or home work is better to do, etc.. I am certain that other performer wil contribute and it would be great for people like me who love to that at one point.

I could start the thread but with an experience player as a moderator, the thread will last longer.

Marc

daryl

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:16 pm

Thát is so nice to hear, thank you very much!! :cheer:

Hope you're relaxing now! ;)

MarkM wrote:
Venessa great job with these two. I've always loved "I should have known better". I was just playing this the other day and forgot how much fun it is. Unfortunetly I can't sing it nearly as good as you can. After a long day of traveling and 3 flights later this put a big smile on my face. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

suziko

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Vanessa,

I watched this when you posted it to the Busking the Beatles thread, and I thought it was just great! Loved the energy of your performance- you're so fun to watch! Your voice is great and your playing excellent. I hope some day I sound as good as you!

Suzi

suziko

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi Suzi!

Thank you so very much for your kind words...everyone needs that every now and then....

And I've watched your video's, you're doing very well, hope you will contribute to the Beatles-thread as well!

Thanks again...

Vanessa

suziko wrote:
Vanessa,

I watched this when you posted it to the Busking the Beatles thread, and I thought it was just great! Loved the energy of your performance- you're so fun to watch! Your voice is great and your playing excellent. I hope some day I sound as good as you!

Suzi

lueders

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:09 pm

You got a very natural feel for both instruments. I really enjoyed that! Thanks.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:29 pm

Vanessa, you project a contagious enthusiasm and you are very good at singing and playing of course.

It shows that you are having a blast ... anyone who sees this video will get a boost from it. Maybe it can even cure the common cold ! (Achoo!)

Creating that feeling is what Beatle songs can do so well when they are played right. Thanks for this !

Pierre

bikewrecker

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:28 am

Wow! Awesome job! You really make singing and playing at the same time look easy. Thanks for the upload, really fun to listen to.

daryl

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:49 am

Thank you very much L.!

(Both instruments? The guitar and the guitar? :lol: or did you check out my youtube-channel? :P )

lueders wrote:
You got a very natural feel for both instruments. I really enjoyed that! Thanks.
:lol:

bikewrecker

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:52 am

Thank you so much Pierre, glad you've enjoyed it!

(Hopefully the common cold is gone by now! ;) )

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Vanessa, you project a contagious enthusiasm and you are very good at singing and playing of course.

It shows that you are having a blast ... anyone who sees this video will get a boost from it. Maybe it can even cure the common cold ! (Achoo!)

Creating that feeling is what Beatle songs can do so well when they are played right. Thanks for this !

Pierre

suziko

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks a lot Bikewrecker!

Appreciate your comment and am glad that you liked it!

And yes, I know, singing and playing at the same time is just not that easy. As a little kid, I just didn't think about it at all, I just sang along, that's why it's so natural to me now...like I mentioned before, I've been lucky to be trained at such an early age, not just playing but also singing. My father was a singer as well as a guitarplayer, so I just did what he did! I'm gonna thank him agáin, haha! ;)

bikewrecker wrote:
Wow! Awesome job! You really make singing and playing at the same time look easy. Thanks for the upload, really fun to listen to.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic