nesh16041972 learning to play I should have know better acoustic guitar

carpet

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi Tony!

Thank you for your kind words, I réally appreciate it...and you're right, music is such a great passion in my life...it makes me really happy!

And for that I am blessed that I've been able to turn my hobby into work, wich I've been up to for almost four years now. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.. I did teach occasionally and at one point I thought, hey why not expand this?! So I did and for that I'm always looking for good teachers, especially hów they teach, and I bumped into Neil and yep he's the bést, I can relate to him só well! Can't say anything else.. Except for learning great songs, he teaches me hów to be a good teacher!

And what you've seen in this video is really me...I just lóve to play, around the campfire with my friends (wich I've done a lot), in the mountains of the Himalaya (Nepal), on the beach, in the park, you name it...for me, those are the best and most special moments in life...

And yes, like I've mentioned before, the practising in my childhood and the many years that I kept playing has éverything to do with the way I'm playing now, wich is because of that very natural to me...And everytime when I see my dad, I thank him again for training me at such an early age!

Thank you again...

Greetz'

tovo wrote:
Vanessa are you a music teacher? I seem to recall some reference to that? No matter if you are or not, you play so effortlessly (obviously the result of a LOT of practice) and I just love the vibe you give when you play, so full of the joy of playing and it shows all over your face.

Your singing is pretty damn good as well.

I love it, I will always look forward to your videos, thanks so much for posting. I'm sure I (and many others) can learn a lot from you.

BobR

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi Vanessa,
I checked this out at lunch today on the busking thread and i still enjoyed it very much this time around. :laugh:

Thanks for posting,

Great job,
Bob

Lavallee

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi Vanessa, very nice playing and singing. I particularly enjoy the good rythmic strumming you have. Have you played in a band?

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Great Vanessa... I've posted it on the BUSKING THE BEATLES thread too.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Thank you very very much Bob, I really enjoyed just jamming around! (It was suggested to post here, but originally it was meant for the Beatles-thread ;), so that explains the kinda spontanious atmosphere!)

BobR wrote:
Hi Vanessa,
I checked this out at lunch today on the busking thread and i still enjoyed it very much this time around. :laugh:

Thanks for posting,

Great job,
Bob
;)

TGMatt

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:28 pm

I kept my word, didn't I???!!!! :P

(Actually, I posted this on the 'Busking the Beatles-thread first??)

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Great Vanessa... I've posted it on the BUSKING THE BEATLES thread too.
:P

Lavallee

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:36 pm

Thank you very much Marc!

And yes, I've played in many formations, as a duo, as a trio, with five or seven, but even with eleven bandmembers... and timing and rhythm is (almost) just about éverything!!

But I have to say, when I'm not backed up by a rhythym section, then I naturally intend to do it myself, that's why the strumming of the first song is different then the original song, wich should be the same as If I fell, down down up up down up..(but a bit faster of course!)

Glad you've enjoyed it!

Greetz'

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Vanessa, very nice playing and singing. I particularly enjoy the good rythmic strumming you have. Have you played in a band?

Marc

Lavallee

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi Vanessa, nothing wrong with strmming differently as long as the integrity of the song is kept, and you are doing a great job.

Since you have a lot of experience with this, why don"t you start a thread on what it takes to get in a band. By what it takes I do not necessarally mean talent( it is required of course), but some of the knowledge required, what existing people from a band expect from a new comer, what to expect the first nigth of a performance, what kind of personnal practice or home work is better to do, etc.. I am certain that other performer wil contribute and it would be great for people like me who love to that at one point.

I could start the thread but with an experience player as a moderator, the thread will last longer.

Marc

jcrocket

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Vanessa,

Very nicely done, the playing and singing both sound great - I really enjoyed that. You have a fantastic voice.

Thanks for posting
Jeff

MarkM

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Venessa great job with these two. I've always loved "I should have known better". I was just playing this the other day and forgot how much fun it is. Unfortunetly I can't sing it nearly as good as you can. After a long day of traveling and 3 flights later this put a big smile on my face. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic