neverfoundthetime learning to play I'll Be Back acoustic guitar

haoli25

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:12 am

Chris, you are having way too much fun! Excellent performance. I really enjoyed it.

Bill Image

reiver

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:41 am

Great job Chris! My parents were huge Beatles fans and had every single record they ever made, so of course, I listened to lots of their music growing up. I'm going to get involved in this Beatles thread myself and play and sing some of these classic songs. You made it look like so much fun!

cosmicmechanic

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:06 am

Chris, you're helping to spread a contagious Beatles itch that people will have no choice but to scratch.

Translation: more people playing more Beatles more of the time!

Well done!

Pierre

heavychevy

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 am

Hey Chris, that is just an awesome job on one of my all-time favorite Beatles' tunes. Loved the 12-string, perfect for this song. Wondered if you considered adding a harmonizing audio track? Just a thought and I don't know how hard that would be. Keep up the great work, I have been following your contributions for a long time now and they just keep getting better (dare I say with age? LOL)

Jim

suziko

Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Nice job, Chris! That wasnt' a Beatles tune I knew, but I liked it a lot and your version is great. Good job on the multi-tracking. WAY beyond my capabilities!!

Suzi

dieguy

Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Great Job Chris, I really like the added dimension many of your songs bring with the twelve string. The sound is so full. I really enjoyed it.

Bill

michelew

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Chris,

That was really lovely. The additional tracks were perfect accompaniments and the slight syncing issue aside it all meshed together well.

Gee if you ever get the harmonies going too please post it again.

Fab!

Michele

Lavallee

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi Chris, very nice video again. I really like it with the 12 strings as it gives a different sound with your voice . Your voice is powerful (not loud but rich) and I find the 12 strings gives an extra voicing. Youe strumming is excellent and you are picking that 7th on and off very well.

Cheers

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks for listening in Bob, Buddy and Bill (H)!

Chef, you got yourself the right parents.... man you're making me feel as old as Chas! :-)

Pierre I hope the itch becomes a full blown rash! :-)

Jim, thanks for listening in. Yeah I'd like to get around to the harmonies. I've got the other tracks saved for an update... just need to work out and practice the harmonies. Neil really delivered for me on this lesson.

Wow Suzie, you and Jay must have been in the same coffee shop as Willem not know that song. But there again, you weren't around in the sixties! For me it's an iconic sound of the sixties. I'm quite a bit chuffed (proud) to put you in contact with it.

Hey Bill, thanks... your too right the 12 strings really work on this song.

Thanks Michele... that's the first time I've been called fab... and I like it ;-).

Thanks Marc ... we'll play that one when you're over ... get some practice in!

wammer

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Chris

That was FANTASTIC. I love the sound of your guitar, ... You did a great job......

Tammy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic