neverfoundthetime learning to play I'll Be Back acoustic guitar

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:46 pm

I loved it when Neil posted his I'll be Back lesson for us this week. Great high energy song, fun to play with a nice little signature riff. Great for 2 guitars. And as this will fit very nicely on our BUSKING THE BEATLES thread too I couldn't resist it. In True AcousticAl style I multi tracked on this but only used my laptop to record with and added no effects. Mixed in Audacity and edited in AVS Video Editor. I couldn't get the damn thing to synchronise in video editor for some reason so it's a little out of sync and of course, my timing on the guitar bits is slightly out at times... but you guys know me by now... and I am getting better at it! Now I just want to find out about those close harmonies on this song... Neil didn't teach me that so I'll have to look for help....

willem

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi,well i don't know the beetles so well but i like what i heard,,,voice,,guitars,,great job Chris...I'm glad you are a Beatles fan..

willem

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Way to go Chris, nice job! Great sound as well!

(I think you have at least four video's up on the Beatles-thread, guess I should contribute at least another one as well!;))

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks Holland!
Willem, I can't believe you were not into the Beatles yet! Did you spend the sixties in a coffee shop or something? ;-)

jayswett

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:59 pm

That's another new song for me. I am suprised by how many Beatles songs I have never heard. Nice self-collaboration.

mcfingers

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Brilliant Chris! Great job. I was harmonizing right along with you. I loved it. I have really been on a big Beatles kick lately myself. The more I play Beatles songs the more I realize how amazing was the talent of John and Paul as song writers.

Again, I say, Brilliant!

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Thanks Steve! Man, I love this songs and all those Beatles numbers form this era 65, 66, 67.
Now if you could teach me those tricky harmonies....

Thanks for listening in Jay! How about adding a Beatles song to the busking thread... love to hear you handle one.

dennisg

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:49 pm

I was actually thinking the same, how could he have missed the Beatles???? (not so sure if they were so tollerant about coffeeshops at that time, haha, gosh what a reputation did we built?! Haha ;) )

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks Holland!
Willem, I can't believe you were not into the Beatles yet! Did you spend the sixties in a coffee shop or something? ;-)
;)

BobR

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Chris,

Nice job. I really enjoyed your mix. As you said the video sync was off a bit but the sound was really good.

Bob

buddy

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Chris,

I always enjoy your videos and this one was a real pleasure. The multi-track really added a lot to the quality of this as well.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic