Hey Jude by Mark

d_dog

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:15 am

Mark

There is loads to do in Liverpool for a Beatles fan.

While we were there we spent an afternoon in the Beatles museum near the docks.
Took the magical mystery bus tour around Liverpool. This takes you to many Beatles spots such as Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane.
Had a drink at the re-built cavern and visited both John and Pauls childhood homes.

The guitar is a Steve Toon hand built guitar. He is a local guitar maker in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
Love to see any photos or videos that you'd be willing to share. Sounds like a dream come true kind of trip, it would be for me.

mark

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:22 pm

tovo wrote:
Mark, my caveat will be longer than my comment, because I am nervous about offering a suggestion to a player of your high standard.

To my ear, the notes that coincide with the lyric "then you can start to make it better didn't sound quite right. I have no idea what they should be, but a guy of your ability could figure it out.

OK, I can almost hear people saying "Tony you pretentious twat that was fantastic how could you pick fault?"

Fair enough, it WAS brilliant. I'm just trying to offer you something. NO DOUBT it was beautiful.
How dare you! Who do think you are

:laugh:
only kidding . I would welcome comments from everybody. After all the purpose of these videos is to get feedback.

I think you are right, there is something not quite right.
Already since making this video I had stopped sliding up to the notes on the forth fret as I didn't think it sounded very good.

I checked Neils video on this song and he seems to play one note at the forth fret on the D string and then an open G.
I was sliding up to the 4th fret and playing it twice and then the open G string.
I tried the first way and it did sound better.

So thanks

I could talk some more, but the ashes is about to start. As an Aussie you are bound to know how important that is.

MarkM

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:43 pm

mark wrote:
MarkM wrote:
Mark that was fantastic!!! I've never seen this song played quite like this before. Your timing seemed to be flawless and you got some great sound out of that guitar. What kind is that by the way? How cool to be in Liverpool on that day. Wow I'm jealous. Great job and thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your videos.

MarkM

Took the magical mystery bus tour around Liverpool. This takes you to many Beatles spots such as Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane.
Had a drink at the re-built cavern and visited both John and Pauls childhood homes.

The guitar is a Steve Toon hand built guitar. He is a local guitar maker in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

Thanks for the info Mark. My kids are only 6 right now but when they get older I'd love to take the family over there and do the tour. Sounds like a fantastice time. I'll have to see if there is any info on the guitar builder on the net. Sounds very nice.

MarkM

rapsidy

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey Mark

That was sweet, thanks for sharing as others have said im jealous :)

pbraun

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:10 am

Mark that was perfect! So well done.
Pete

mark

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:27 am

d_dog wrote:
Wow! Just Wow! I can't wait to watch it again! Really really great job Mark. So clean and with such great feeling and timing. I'm going to have to go back and watch that lesson, is that how Neil teaches it? I hope so.
Neil kind of half teaches it this way. He plays the melody and gives some hints on how to fit it in with strumming. He leaves the rest up to you.
I worked out the melody for the first part as Neil suggests and then cheated by getting the rest of the melody from a guitarPro file.

mark

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:30 am

d_dog wrote:
Mark

Love to see any photos or videos that you'd be willing to share. Sounds like a dream come true kind of trip, it would be for me.
Unfortunately I didn't take any photos or videos.
It was a great weekend. A lot easier for me than you. Just a couple of hours on the train to Liverpool for me.

jcrocket

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:47 am

Very nicely done! That's a great arrangement, and you really nailed it.

Jeff

jayswett

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Great performance all around

Yamaha48

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Hey Mark
That sounds very good my friend.
Yeh the good old days.

greetz Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic