rapsidy Norwegian Wood guitar lesson review upload

rapsidy

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Well i think this will be my last post of this song i think it has progressed a bit??? lets hope so

I would like some advice on how to make the melody notes ring out for longer??

anyhow i have tried to incorprate all the advice given.How did i go ?? :)

thanks

Brad

willem

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:14 am

WOW,yeah wow Brad,really,,you got it,well for me you got it and just keep playing it,,for letting the melodynotes ring longer,, well its simple,, if they are not a open string let your finger stay longer on the fret,,i really hope for you you get a review,,you did just great and i'm glad you stayed on the song,,great job..

Yamaha48

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:03 am

Hey Brad.

This sounds better my friend.
Willem say the richt words.
Thanks for sharring your nice video.

greetz Anton

mark

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:33 am

Hi Brad

I think you have made a lot of progress on this song and really close to having it down perfectly.

As you said you need to sustain those melody notes a bit more.

First of all when praticing to get the sustain it would be best to play it a quite a bit slower.
The only way to get the notes to sustain is to hold them down longer. So try and hold the note down as long as possible before you have to move it to play the next note.

Most of your problems seem to be when you are playing with your 4th finger. You play the note and then move it very quickly off the note.
The other thing you could try is to prepare your fingers early. So when you have to play a note with the 4th finger move it really close to the fret you are going to play before you play the note. That way you are limiting the amount of movement you have to do.

willem

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:05 am

mark wrote:
Hi Brad

I think you have made a lot of progress on this song and really close to having it down perfectly.

As you said you need to sustain those melody notes a bit more.

First of all when praticing to get the sustain it would be best to play it a quite a bit slower.
The only way to get the notes to sustain is to hold them down longer. So try and hold the note down as long as possible before you have to move it to play the next note.

Most of your problems seem to be when you are playing with your 4th finger. You play the note and then move it very quickly off the note.
The other thing you could try is to prepare your fingers early. So when you have to play a note with the 4th finger move it really close to the fret you are going to play before you play the note. That way you are limiting the amount of movement you have to do.

Mark put it in the right words,,,i think its only the melody note on ''girl'' that must ring longer,,your pinky must stay there and while ringin strum only the first three strings.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Great going Brad! Looks like NW is a favourite in Oz!

Lavallee

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi Brad, you strumming is really good now, regarding the notes sustaining, have a look at Tony` s review of the song. Neil talks about how to address it.

Marc

http://www.totallyguitars.com/yt.php?v= ... C87DGdpqEY

michelew

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:46 am

Hey Brad,

This is infinitely better than your first post of this song. The sustain aside, which will come, the song is flowing much more smoothly and works. You've obviously put lot of effort into it.

GREAT job!!

(sorry to get to the party late again)

Michele

rapsidy

Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys/girls

and the video post of niels lesson was just what i was after

sorry late reply im just busy on prac and time poor at the moment, to catch up on everyones post and videos it doesnt take long to get behind here.

i have got the song and what i need to do now, im happy with it.. i just need to work on the technical execution of it thats the hard part .

thanks for your help appreciate it

Where is BEAR?? he is the NW guru what do you think bear am i on track :)

Brad

d_dog

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:21 am

Hi Brad,
You have come a long, long way with this song and your playing. Great job, and it is wonderful to see the growth and more command of the this song. What I see when compared to your earlier work on this song is that you know where your fingers go without willing them to the next note with a fixed gaze. That shows you have more feel for where the fingers meet the frets. Your right hand work is much improved too. What I get in practicing NW is finding and cleanly moving the pick to the correct string that isn't the adjacent string. You get it. Pleasing vocals too!

What's next?

Wally

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic