yamaha48 learning Heart of gold guitar lesson

Yamaha48

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:04 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Hello my dear guitar friends.
Heart of gold by Neil Young.
A couple of weeks ago,i make some video s.
This evening,sitting in the livingroom and make a new try.
I know its not 100 procent.
Hope you like it.

greetz Anton

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Hey Anton my friend, you're having a good time with that I can see! Nice job. It seemed to get better as it went on. I think the phrasing of the lyrics (the timing of the words) was better at the end. Take a listen to the original and see how NY fits the words to the song it might add something for you.

Lavallee

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi Anton, good video, your palm muting is very good now, you seem to be strumming very smoothly. Great job

Marc

Chasplaya

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Hey Anton good stuff. Two comments if I may the first 8 strums build to a crescendo, I know Neil H says two downs on the bass strings then add in the 7th note fuller strum, but Neil Young builds it almost string by string adding in a string per beat for each of the 8 strums. Then after the Bass run ending in the G chord hold that for the full 4 beats then continue you seem to go into it straight away.

I agree with Marc though you are certainly getting that palm muted percussive sound Neil Young has.

Keep em coming.

Yamaha48

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:16 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey Anton my friend, you're having a good time with that I can see! Nice job. It seemed to get better as it went on. I think the phrasing of the lyrics (the timing of the words) was better at the end. Take a listen to the original and see how NY fits the words to the song it might add something for you.
Thanks my friend Chris for the nice words.
I have listnen to the origenal,and yeh that sounds great.
I think that i need more time for the song.

greetz Anton

Yamaha48

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Marc. Thanks my friend for the nice comment.
I love the song,and try it evry day to play.

Greetz Anton

Chas. Thanks for the good tips you give me.
I have all the time,no hurry hurry hahhha lol.

greetz Anton

BobR

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi Anton,

This is coming along very nicely. For a bit I thought you were going to do just instrumental, but then you started your vocals :laugh: . Nice job on both.

Thanks for sharing your update,

Bob

lueders

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Anton,

Nice thumpy palm muting you have going on there. Sounds just like Neil's. I thought the fills
sounded good too. Tighten up the timing a little bit and you've got a winner.

tovo

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi Anton,

I fully agree with Cori's points. The fills sound great and it's just some minor timing issues to be addressed. The phrasing on the lyrics, whilst not the way Neil Young does it in the original, make the song yours. I really like the very laid-back feel you have given the number, it's very relaxed.

Also mate....LOVE that hat! I guess I need to go back to Holland and get one just like it.

Thanks for sharing the update. Good job my friend.

willem

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:32 am

Oke Anton,,you got it,it would be nice to add the harmonica,, i agree with Chas about the cressendo,,lets say on the first 8 strums,you build the volume up(not to loud) that gives a nice musically sound,,as for the frasing of the lyrics i can send you the songboek pages if you want or play along with Neil Young,,its a nice song the have under the strings..greetzz

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic