Classical Gas by Mark

mark

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:08 pm

I've been trying to learn this ever since Neil first introduced the lesson.
I had two or three goes at learning it. Each time it gets a bit better.
There is still some work to be done but this is as good as I managed so far.

jayswett

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Your guitar skills just get better and better. You are correct in that there is a little work to do on this, but not much. You certainly have this song on the run. Nice job.

Chasplaya

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:30 pm

Very nice Mark, yeah a couple of minor things in there and you know it I guess . But very good position of left hand, long fingers mate! Is this Neil's version, I play a slightly different one.

Craig

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Good job on this Mark. This is my dream song that I keep saying "some day". You have a great start on it, with a little time you will have it nailed! How long have you been working on it? Just curious because I tend to get very unrealistic about how long it should take me to learn a song (especially one like this!). Keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing.
Craig

mark

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Craig wrote:
Good job on this Mark. This is my dream song that I keep saying "some day". You have a great start on it, with a little time you will have it nailed! How long have you been working on it? Just curious because I tend to get very unrealistic about how long it should take me to learn a song (especially one like this!). Keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing.
Craig
I first started on it when Neil first did the lesson. I'm not sure how long ago that is but it's probably at least a year.
I've had a few goes at learning it and played it every day and also had times when I haven't tried it for months.
Each time I've tried learning it, it has been a bit better than the previous time.

mark

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:02 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Very nice Mark, yeah a couple of minor things in there and you know it I guess . But very good position of left hand, long fingers mate! Is this Neil's version, I play a slightly different one.
This isn't exactly Neils version but should be quite close.
I think when the lesson first came out it didn't have a guitar Pro file, so I used one I downloaded from the internet.

Lavallee

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:05 am

Nice playing Mark, it is slightly different (mainly the intro) than Neil's but it gives a similar result. I would just like to bring a point on the transition to get to the main riff at 1:02 . Maybe it is an accident but you seem to do a pull off that breaks the rhythm a bit. Also at 1:46 on the other transition, you do all the chords and picking fine, I would suggest to put more emphasis (pinch louder) on each of the 4 chords. I find this is the toughest part of the song, but you make it sound quite fluid.

Great work

Marc

d_dog

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:47 am

So fantastic to hear you play Mark. Great work on this one. I really enjoy hearing your playing.

willem

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:45 am

Hi Mark,,i love your taste in playing the guitar,i know you worked on this song and i alway wonder how far you bin on this instrumental and wow man you are far,, i really hope you get a good review you earn it and you wanna know is'nt it,, so Neil IF you read this '''please''!!!

ps do you work also on ''the horizon''??

willem

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:05 am

Hi Mark, you're very well on you way, enjoyed your video!

And yes, this is nót an easy song to play, I got it down at one point using a tab from another teacher on the internet, but I'd like to work out Neil's version, just not getting to it, so your video encourages me to get into it now, thanks for sharing!

Greetz'

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic