Lavallee learning Come together guitar lesson

Lavallee

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:21 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Tony started this thread about our favorite Beatles song, the first thing that came to me was Come together. Then Chris' s brilliant idea of the Busking thread made me realize that I did not know my favorite song. So I founds bits and pieces and came out with this. Unfortunately, I do not sing so it is a bit empty and the end is less than ordinary, but it is fun to play. Please feel free to suggest any correction or anything missing or whatever you see fit

It is in drop D

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Than sounded really cool Marc. Nice job. Add that one to the list!

lueders

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Oh man, that was really cool. (In my opinion & if possible.) that would be a great to multi track & put the melody line over the top of the solid track you already have. That would be super. super cool! But it' still already pretty awesome...

dennisg

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Hey Marc!

Great song you chose, you played it very well, intro-riff, palmmuting and all, and I liked the ''sssshup' :P!

And actually, because you didn't sing, I could sing along myself, so at that point I noticed a few things, like the verse, you played three measures of Dm, but it has to be four measures, I had to swallow one line, haha! And after the first verse when you're starting 'ssshup' again, you're a bit too late...Then when the chorus sets in 'come together', you're also maybe like one beat too late...just fix that and you're well on your way!

Thanks for sharing,

Cheers

Vanessa

BobR

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi Marc,

I'll leave the technical advice to someone more competent, just wanted to say I thought you did a good job and it sounded cool.

Bob

Lavallee

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Chris, thanks for checking, we'll do

Hi Cori, thanks for the comments. I was thinking of integrating the melody as you did for the Journey song, but it would be a much longer project. It would need to be finger picking or Hybrid picking. I am not equipped for multi tracking

Vanessa, thanks for commenting and singing along. Because I do not sing, I normally count, but when it is a bit long of the same chord, I get in a sleep mode and forget the beat number (still remember where the bath room is , for now ;) ). Maybe I need the beat number to show in a metronome.

Bob, thanks for taking the time to watch the video

Marc

tovo

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Hey Marc,

I was singing along as well with Vanessa and I noticed exactly the same as her but you know about that! I really, really like this Beatles tune and you really have the main riff down so well it was great to listen to. I'm happy to see you doing something like this because you are a good player and it's nice to see you playing some Beatles stuff.

Thanks for the upload Marc.

cosmicmechanic

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Lavallee wrote:
... Because I do not sing, I normally count ...
Marc, the Beatles counted even when they did sing: "one and one and one is three".

Great tune, glad to see you have fun at this. I gotta find time to try it ... to quote the Beatles again, "Help!".

Pierre

jayswett

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Loved the added sound effects. Another great Beatles video to add to the Busking channel.

Lavallee

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks for the comment Tony, for the beat counting, I need to improve on that and it is appreciated that you noticed it . I will be more careful in the future (starting now). There is more than meet the eye in the Beatles songs and fun to play. I always saw them as singing songs but non singer like me can have a lot of fun working on their music.

Salut Pierre. thanks for having a look and good point about the counting :laugh:

Hi Jay, thanks for watching, I am using a cheap talking box . I originally posted it on the Beatles busking , but I think the thread is still lock after the transfer. I placed a ticket so it will be resolved soon.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic