Lavallee learning Come together guitar lesson

reiver

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Great job Marc.

There's a lot going on in this song and it sounds like you got all the different parts nailed. Another really solid performance from you. I am further convinced that I need to keep working on my flatpicking. Nice post.

suziko

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Marc,

This was a really fun upload. Even though you didn't sing, I still watched the whole thing through and really enjoyed it right to and including the "unusual" ending :) Like Vanessa I really liked the "sssshup" sound effects and loved the percussive elements. I don't know why you keep saying you can't sing, though; I liked the song you posted in which you sang. I'm sure you would have done just fine on this song (and, admit it, you kind of wanted to sing- even you couldn't stop yourself near the end!).

Tres bien fait, comme toujours!

Suzi

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:17 pm

This is very cool, Marc. And I'm sure now that you have that riff down, you can use it in a bunch of other songs as well.

Thanks for posting!

jcrocket

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Marc -

Nice job, really enjoyed that, especially the little thing you did there in the break.

Jeff

Yamaha48

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:39 pm

Hey Marc.

Before i go to my work,im looking here for a moment.
Then i see this video from your hand my friend.
Very nice man,not bad.
Vanessa give you a good advice shuuuuu.
Thanks for sharing my friend.

Greetz Anton

d_dog

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Marc, wow that was awesome, I have to add this to my book. Great job on this, I love the sound effects. Where did you learn this version, I like it.

Lavallee

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:55 pm

Thanks Stuart, the drop D allows for a few things as you simulate the bass line of the riff and the distortion guitar of the chorus (should have pound that section a little more to make it more obvious). I am playing a bit more with the pick and like it. I am looking forward to see a new post from you.

Thank you Suzi (my sister is name Suzie), for your encouragements. Regarding the singing, I am not shy or afraid to make a fool of myself. I just hear myself and just do not like what I hear. I am not asking for the perfect voice but something somewhat acceptable and it is not there right now. I am practicing however.

Thanks Al, if you refer to the shuffle, yes it is very useful.

Hi Jeff, Thanks, the middle section is more challenging for me to keep that rhythm going. I like the piano simulation also. In a few weeks it should sound cleaner.

Anton, thanks for the good words, I hope you had a good day at work

Damian, thanks for the comments, I took the basic section riff and verse from a GP file I found, modified the Chorus , add the percussion (unless I saw it somewhere and do not remember it (If Page can do it, why not me ;) ) made up the bridge part from different videos I saw. Tried to figure out the picking notes at the end .

Marc

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:22 am

Watched this over on Facebook Marc... Good job like the effects is that an expensive talk-box lol! Plus I also heard you breaking into song on that on more than one occasion, be careful you might set a trend for us non singers.

Good on ya mate

willem

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:35 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Lavallee wrote:
... Because I do not sing, I normally count ...
Marc, the Beatles counted even when they did sing: "one and one and one is three".
Pierre

Thats to funny Pierre,,well i see it as funny...

Marc,,awesome,way to go,,great job,,i really really enjoyed it and so you see with a very knowing main riff you can busking around and let everybody swing and sing,,i'm sure about that...sssssshup... B)

abiliog

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:42 am

Marc,
Great video, I hear joy through that guitar.
I really enjoyed it.
Thanks,
Abilio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic