webostick Dear Prudence v6 guitar lesson review upload

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:50 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Very well done on the Travispicking, lots of songs will get easier if you get this pattern down.. As for the timing, you started with some hesitations, but as the song proceeded the better you got, well done!
Thanks Vanessa. Yes, Travis picking gets easier the more you practice it, so you don't have to think about it. I would like to be able to do it as naturally as you do it.

BobR wrote:
Your practicing on this has paid off. A few minor timing things but overall a really nice job
Thanks Bob. Yes practice cures many ills. And I need to do yet more.

sws626 wrote:
[quoteThe only tiny bit that still seemed to need some work was the part you play up above the 12th fret -- but it was hard to tell whether you were having trouble with your left hand fingering or perhaps the neck may need adjustment to eliminate the buzz.
-Stuart[/quote]

Thanks Stuart. Yes, I had a hiccup at the end, and I think the buzz was from getting my fingers a little crossed up. There is still a lot of room for improvement.

suziko wrote:
I worked on this song for a while at the beginning of the year, but got frustrated trying to fret the D/C. Just couldn't do it cleanly and finally gave up. You don't seem to be having any trouble, though.
Suzi
Thanks Suzi. I did not like the awkward pinky stretch to get the D/C, so I used one of the alternate fingerings that Neil suggests by keeping the pinky on the B string. I found it much easier that way, but it did take time to learn to finger it that way.

MarkM wrote:
Wally I REALLY enjoyed this. You've come a long way on this song. Your playing was very very good. I, like Suzi, tried this along time ago and got frustrated. Now that I have a few picking songs under my belt I think I'll try it again after being inspired by your performance here. Well done and thanks for sticking with it and sharing with us.
MarkM
Thanks Mark. You are no slouch when it comes to finger picking and Travis style. I really enjoy all the video posts, and I learn so much from them. Thanks for the encouragement. I learned a lot of new things in working on this song, and now can do things on the guitar that I never did before. "Dear Prudence", and "Blackbird" have been on my wish list for 40 years. To be able to play them in some fashion is very satisfying.

willem wrote:
Wally,,it is said but,''your hard work is paying of'',i'm sure'',,just great.
Thanks Willem. It was by watching your work and contributions that I thought it was OK to share too. You are a good example of what practice and hard work can do, also.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:24 am

Nice job Wally! It's great to improve on a song with something that will carry over to other songs (Travis).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic