webostick Dear Prudence v6 guitar lesson review upload

carpet

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:15 pm

I think this is the last time I'll post Dear Prudence. I know it still can be smoother, and I'll work on it. My future as a singer is limited I fear. Again, I'll keep working on it, but I'm fairly satisfied that the alternating thumb (Travis style) is something I can mostly do. That is a new skill for me.

Thank you Neil Hogan for correcting some of my fingerings in a Student Review, and helping me understand some of the timing better, and working on the alternating thumb. It was valuable insight. Thanks.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:28 pm

Wally good job mate. I think you have really cleaned it up and the notes are much more crisp than previously. Your hard work has paid off here I think.

TGMatt

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 pm

It thought it was great, mate..hope you saw the review we posted for you for "comes a time"..I was real happy we got to that as you had been so active..

Cheers

Matt

sbutler

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:25 am

Thanks Tony. Putting in the time for practice does pay off. With lots of songs you can get by with strumming the chords, but with this one I had to learn new ways of picking and chords finger shapes. Very satisfying when you get some success.

Thanks Matt. As a matter of fact I did not notice that Neil made an answer to "Comes A Time". The only thing better would be to have a private lesson with Neil. I am always amazed how Neil in a few measures makes the song sparkle. His right hand control and timing is so perfect. I am privileged to get coached on something I am working on.

Chasplaya

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Hi Wally!

Very well done on the Travispicking, lots of songs will get easier if you get this pattern down.. As for the timing, you started with some hesitations, but as the song proceeded the better you got, well done!

BobR

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Hi Wally,

Your practicing on this has paid off. A few minor timing things but overall a really nice job

Well done

Bob

sws626

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi Wally,

I thought this was great! The alternating thumb has become second nature for you and the overall rendering of the song is very nice. The only tiny bit that still seemed to need some work was the part you play up above the 12th fret -- but it was hard to tell whether you were having trouble with your left hand fingering or perhaps the neck may need adjustment to eliminate the buzz. Thanks for posting. It was a joy to listen to.

-Stuart

suziko

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Nice job, Wally. I worked on this song for a while at the beginning of the year, but got frustrated trying to fret the D/C. Just couldn't do it cleanly and finally gave up. You don't seem to be having any trouble, though.

Suzi

MarkM

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:44 am

Wally I REALLY enjoyed this. You've come a long way on this song. Your playing was very very good. I, like Suzi, tried this along time ago and got frustrated. Now that I have a few picking songs under my belt I think I'll try it again after being inspired by your performance here. Well done and thanks for sticking with it and sharing with us.

MarkM

willem

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:32 am

Wally,,it is said but,''your hard work is paying of'',i'm sure'',,just great.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic