suziko Alice's Restaurant guitar lesson review upload

thereshopeyet

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Thanks

suziko

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:04 pm

Stuart- Thank you. It's often hard for me to look past the imperfections and see improvement, but I know that you are right. I went back and watched the video I posted almost exactly a year ago- Greensleeves- and even I can see that I've improved as a player. And I owe a lot of that to the support and encouragment I've received from friends I've made here at TG, as well as to the excellent lessons. I spent 2 years floundering, so it's nice to finally make some progress. But I still have a long way to go.

Thereshopeyet- Thanks! I'll confess that I sat down and tried to play it more than one time :) But I thought I'd just post the best attempt.

Yamaha48

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Hey Suzi.

Thanks for this nice video.
Sounds realy good to my ears.

greetz Anton

thereshopeyet

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Well Suzi,

I have to admit I've never heard of this song, only saw this Arlo Guthrie playing on the Woodstock-festival doing 'Coming into Los Angeles ('Can you dig that: New York State Thruway is closed man...it's far out man'! :P )

But you've actually inspired me to try and learn this song and it's great fun to play! Thanks again for sharing!

(And thanks for yóur kind words as well! :blush: )

jcrocket

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:28 pm

Suzi -

Great job! The level you've reached with your fingerpicking is impressive - and gives me hope ;)

Jeff

d_dog

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:05 pm

That was AWESOME Suziko! Fantastic job on this. Man you wasted no time getting right to it, sit down and play! Great fingering and great finger picking, really great to see you here again.

suziko

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Anton- Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed.

Vanessa- I'm sure this song would pose no problem for you, technically, but I must recommend it as a VERY fun song to play! I'm sure you'll have a blast with it!

Jeff- Thank you. There are a lot of excellent fingerpickers here at TG to learn from and be inspired by. I have a long way to go, but it's a fun journey.

Damian- Thank you! It's nice to see you posting more, too. I loved the collaboration you did with Al. Amazing vocals!

BobR

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Suzi,

I haven't seen anything from you in a while and I thought you did a really great job. You seem very relaxed playing and it was a pleasure to watch and listen.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob

Craig

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:43 pm

I loved it Suzi! Very nice job. You looked like you were having fun. Your slides sounded good which adds so much to the song. Great to see a video from you again!
Craig

Lavallee

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Bravo Suzi, you did a great job putiing your soul in it. The head following the rhythm is such a good thing, you are not just hitting notes, you are playing them. The ragtime feeling is there and you look comforable doing it (the head movement) . Notice by the end your were giving that slide more emphasis.

Very enjoyable, you have progressed so much

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic