suziko Alice's Restaurant guitar lesson review upload

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:40 am

Suzi:

Very nicely done! I have to agree that your fingers were flying along. Wish mine would do that.... :P

My favorite part was the huge smile at the end!

Excellent work. Your playing has come so far, and you are also looking so comfortable while doing so. I admire that very much. Keep up the hard work!

Jason

suziko

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:13 pm

Thanks, Jason! I really appreciate the kind words. Looking forward to seeing a video from you some time soon!

Suzi

sws626

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Great job, Suzi! I really enjoyed this performance. I'd love to hear the full version with vocal accompaniment. Everyone else has already commented on how proficient your technique has become, so I won't dwell on that. But I will say that that new little Martin of yours is the perfect instrument for this kind of music. It sounds just wonderful and you seem very comfortable with the instrument.

-Stuart

suziko

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Stuart- Thank you! I love my Martin so much. I still have my Taylor GC3, but i admit it doesn't get nearly as much play-time these days, since I bought the Martin. I just love the mellow richness that the Martin has to it (though that isn't always captured so well by my video camera!). Plus, I just really like how it looks.

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:55 pm

First chance I've had to see this.
LOVED IT!

I don't know the song, but now I'd like to learn it.
My favourite part is the blues-y slides that you do.

Leaps & bounds, Suzi-Q!!

suziko

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:54 am

Al- I'm really glad you liked it. This song is a radio staple around Thanksgiving. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of the 20 minute, spoken-word version, but this little guitar piece from it is wonderful. It's has such a cheery ring to it and it ended up being really fun to play. You are a far better player than me, so I'm sure you'd do a much nicer job and learn it in about a day.

Suzi

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:17 am

Hi Suzi,
Beautifully played. I am so impressed with your technique, especially how your thumb stays on the back of the neck, and how meticulous you are in transition from chord to chord. Have you had classical guitar training? You don't seem to have ANY bad habits or bad posture to hinder you at all. Really excellent work on a fun song. I agree, the 20 minute story version is better left to Arlo G.

Wally

suziko

Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Wally,

Thanks! No, I haven't had any classical guitar training. Most everything I learned, i learned here at TG, from watching and trying to emulate how others do things and trying to put into practice the advice I get from Neil and other Target members. And there are definitely songs where my technique gets sloppy. i tend to fall into "baseball grip' far more often in strumming songs.

Suzi

rapsidy

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:48 am

Hi suzi

man those fingers are moving now eh, loved the slide at the end.

good job

Brad

beaker

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:09 am

Suzi, Great job on Alice's Restaurant. Your technique looks really good. It looks like there is quite a bit going on in that song, alot to remember. You made it sound good! Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic