suziko Alice's Restaurant guitar lesson review upload

eagle670

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:54 pm

I enjoyed that alot. You have come along ways my dear. A standing ovation goes out to you from the midwest.

Kevin

suziko

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks, Kevin. You know, when it's as cold and snowy as it has been lately, what else is there to do besides play your guitar (that is, if there isn't a Packers game on!)?

mcfingers

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Well done. That was very smooth and fun to listen too. Your long hours of snowboundedness, I am pretty sure that's a word ;) , really helped you perfect your playing. I loved it.

suziko

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Mcfingers- Thanks, though I've got a ways to go before I've perfected it! Luckily for me (and my playing), winter is very long here in Wisconsin.

haoli25

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:27 pm

That was great, Suzi. I see you have joined 'Michele's Club For Perfect Hand Position'. :) I really enjoyed watching your video. Great playing. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

michelew

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:10 am

Suzi,

AWESOME!! You just go from strength to strength. You're going to run out of sky and hit space soon at the rate you're improving. Sky's no limit for you.

That was really excellent; you looked like a pro, you looked relaxed, you sounded GREAT and I LOVED the slides. What a boppy, fun piece. You really made it look easy and like a lot of fun, but I'm guessin' there was a fair bit of blood sweat and tears in the preparation.

You've got this fingerpickin' thing licked. I absolutely second, third and forth (cheating -yes - but me, myself and I are doing it anyway) Stuart's nomination of you for 'most improved'.

I LOVED IT!! Watching it (four times now) has really put a smile on my face and a bounce in my step.

Keep them coming. You've inspired me to get my act together.

Shel

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:40 am

Hi Suzi, I'm a bit late in coming to the party, I'm not allowed to view TG at work anymore boo hoo... Also been to busy Elving around with Chris.

Well its mostly been said but what the heck I'll say things again, great playing young lady, good hand position, smooth between transitions of chords, good slides and the list just keeps going... Very impressive to see the improvement you've made over a short period of time, a great example to us all of what can be achieved here.

If I had a hat on I'd take it off to you right now Well done very impressive.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:15 am

The cat that got the cream.... that's how I'd describe your smile at the end of that lovely performance Suzi! You disguised with ease all the hard work that went into learning that and it just tipple off your perfectly placed fingers. Congratulations! Great to see you posting again... the improvement is stellar. Can you please show us the take where the door opened behind you and knocked you off your stool....

pbraun

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:11 am

Suzi that was great, I would love to learn this song but I doubt my fingers would ever be able to move like that! Especially early in the day.
Great job, that was fun to listen to!
Pete

suziko

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 am

Bill- Thanks! Michele is an inspiration to me, for sure, for hand positioning. i'll never have her beautiful, long fingers, but I can at least attempt to emulate her hand position.

Shel- Oh! Speak of the devil! :) I'm so glad you liked this video. And I appreciate very much the nomination, though I'm highly aware that I've got some stiff competition for that category. You, yourself, have made amazing strides in your playing over the course of the year.

Chas- You can take your elf hat off to me anytime :) Thanks for the kind words. I owe a lot to TG.

Chris- You elves! Always wanting me to miss my chair or get knocked off of it. :lol:

Pete- Thanks. It took some warming up for me, too, before I could play it. It gets cold here in Wisconsin in December.

;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic