beaker learning to play Oh Well acoustic guitar

dennisg

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:32 pm

Great job, Beak. I loved it!

suziko

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:46 pm

i can't even imagine being able to play that fast! Nice job!

Suzi

jayswett

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:58 pm

BobR wrote:
Beaker,

Lurking in the background to practice HMMM I'll give it a try :laugh:

Real nice job.

Bob
I'm with Bob. Perhaps a bit more lurking and less chit chat is in order for me, particularly if produces results like that. Nicely done, Beaker.

cosmicmechanic

Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Holy Moly, that's some REAL muscle-memory there !

Just to get some grasp on the effort and all for getting to this point: did you play this before TG ?
How long have you been practicing it ? On and off ? Every day ? In your sleep ?

Thanks for sharing,
Pierre

beaker

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Thanks for all of your comments everyone! I really appreciate that you took the time to comment, and I am glad that you looked at it and liked it! Oh Well is a really fun song to play, I recommend it. At first it was intimidating because it is so fast, but after my friend Hesser (MIke) was able to play it and told me to give it a shot I did and it came relatively fast. Actually it sounds more difficult than it is, and Marc.. I would say it is more of a hammer-on Pull off exercise than anything. Just as good as Over the Hills and Far Away in that department. Actually Mark M, i just posted this, you did not miss anything, the time if flying by so fast that I made mention of it being a rainy November day not realizing that it is December already!!!! Time flies if you are having fun I guess!!!! Pierre, I have been playing this song for about 2-3 weeks. It has been fun and rewarding, and like I said earlier, not as hard as it first appears, once you get fast at hammer ons and pull offs!!! .... but yeah, I do play my guitar every day!!!!

Thanks again everyone, I hope your playing is going really well. Have fun, Beaker.

PS nobody noticed but I snuck in my new guitar, It is a Taylor Jumbo Cutaway. 300 series.

michelew

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:18 pm

WOW Beaker. You were playing so fast that my eyes were seeing blurs and my ears were having trouble differentiating all the notes. Simply incredible.Was there smoke coming off the neck when you finished?

More practice eh... I must try that.

How about showing your face next time? You can't be shy about your playing after producing that.

Nice guitar!

Michele

rapsidy

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:40 am

i didnt know fingers could do that :blink: :blink:

good work beaks you might want to dip your fingers in cold water after that effort

great job

Brad

tovo

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:59 am

Beaker that was very, very nice. Loved it.

A MUCH better player than me (just like you are) recommends keeping the fingers as close to the strings as possible to increase efficiency. If there was anything that I thought could be improved, that would be a tip but it's just something I saw not my own advice. Could be worth consideration.

Other than that all I can say is WOW.

stratman3

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:12 am

Great everything!!
NOW I HAYE to learn that song!!

Gary B)

leeson

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Rockin Beaks!!

Played with great confidence, too.

Good to see you back

Bill