tovo Hey there Delilah guitar lesson review upload

tovo

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:22 pm

This is "sort of" a Target lesson. Neil has done a video on it anyway. I did it in my PJs. Sorry about that! It's Sunday morning. A couple of "clanger" notes in there. I found it a difficult tune to sing as the verses go for a long time without chance to draw breath. If I were a better singer I could deal with it I guess.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

suziko

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Tony,

It's nice to see you fingerpicking again! Nice job; really steady rhythm throughout. I can see why that would be a tough song to sing, but I think you did really well with it. Who is this song by? I'd never heard it before but I liked it.

Suzi

tovo

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Hey Suzi. It's by the Plain White Ts. A band out of Chicago.

Chasplaya

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Good job Tony, I capo it on the 2nd fret, that might help with the singing

NKenny

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:02 pm

Nice job Tony, I always liked that song. Good steady picking and singing.

BobR

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi Tony,

Sounds really good. Good finger picking and singing sounds good too. As Chas said maybe capo it and it might be easier for you.

Thanks for sharing (Even thought your in your PJ's :laugh: :laugh: )

Bob

michelew

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:23 pm

That was a sweet bouncy song Tony and you played it metronome steady. Great job.

There is a lot of constant singing in there. But, I though your breathing was fine, if a little whispery on the very low notes. (No expert here).

Isn't fingerpicking cool?

Keep them comin'.

Shel

jayswett

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:03 pm

You looked very comfortable with chord changes and maintaining a consistent rythm. Very nice.

rapsidy

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:14 am

hey tony

sweet job mate, yes you look far more relaxed and confident these days and it seems you can play any song you like now, way to go

enjoyed that it was nice and relaxing and the whole video quality is really good you may have to let me know what you do when you upload?

thanks

Brad

tovo

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:23 am

Chas - thanks mate I will give the capo a try, never thought to do it which is dumb of me.

Kenny - thanks man

Bob - Yep. When you are going to sing in your PJs best share it with TG.

Shel - Whispery is a good description. Ran out of breath a bit on occasion. Thanks for the comment.

Jay - Thanks. It's a steady tune for sure.

Brad - Hi mate. Thanks for the comment. I don't do anything technical at all. I use the Kodak Zi8 HD camera which at around 200 bucks is great value. I plug my mic right into it, and then just upload the result. Too easy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic