Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:07 am

Today's Target student video Reply by Neil is Yesterday by Michelle

Hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/master-me ... udentreply

michelew

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:22 am

Thanks for the response Neil. That was really unexpected. It seems all videos are fair game.

Unfortunately, my Internet access is down (modem died maybe) and I can't access your response on my iPhone. I'm practicing patience...because I have no choice right at this moment. Ahhh!

Thanks again. I'm sure it will help my playing as it always does.

Michele

Craig

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:29 am

Wow Michelle, a "stunning" from Neil...and I seem to remember a "just like David Gilmour" on your, Is there anybody out there?. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you...and yes, I believe that does make you the unofficial "queen of perfect hand position" :cheer:
Way to go,
Craig

michelew

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:34 am

Thanks Craig. You're a sweetie. You just put a big smile on my face.

haoli25

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:52 am

WOW, Michele. A "stunning" AND an "absolutely stunning" in one review!!!! Congratulations on your great performance and review.

Bill

michelew

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:32 am

New modem later and I'm back.

Neil - thank you SO much for your very generous praise. It's really nice to hear that you enjoyed it. I've definitely got a long way to go in my journey to feel comfortable in front of the camera, but every video takes me one step further. Listening to my singing just now made me cringe a bit, but I'll get comfortable with that too one day.

Your advice on moving to the Gs will help a lot as will plucking the open stings on that specific set of Gs, which I think will give in a little more variety. I get the shift when the camera's not on vast majority of the time (I think). But, the extra stress of recording definitely shows where the weaknesses are.

I really enjoyed learning this song. It sounds good one the nylon strings too.

Thanks again.

Bill - thanks - you know it's a real thrill when Neil reviews your video, but it's like winning lotto - you've got to buy a ticket first. :P

Michele

haoli25

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:40 pm

michelew wrote:

Bill - thanks - you know it's a real thrill when Neil reviews your video, but it's like winning lotto - you've got to buy a ticket first. :P

Michele

You are sooooooo right, Michele. And, of course, I don't play the lotto either. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bill

michelew

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:12 am

Ha ha - never say never. One day you may just wake up thinking - 'I'm going to record and post a video'. Of course it will probably be one of those other yous in a parallel reality. And one of the mes (Micheles), Bears, Chases or other alternate TG regulars may stop encouraging you to. Ok this one might too. I feel the ice thinning... :P :) :lol:

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks

michelew

Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks Dermot. Never say never...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic