nesh16041972 learning to play Alice's Restaurant acoustic guitar

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Hello TG-friends!

After some strummming-songs that I already knew, it's about time that I post a song that I've been actually working on. Suzi, with her great video of this song, inspired me to give this one a try, and boy...it's a toughy...I admire her even more for getting it down!

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!

Nesh

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dennisg

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Fantastic job, Vanessa! Very, very smooth and polished. I know you haven't, but you look like you've been playing it for months.

Craig

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Thank you so very much Dennis! I don't know why, I really had to shed blood sweat and tears over this one...very glad that you liked it!

I have to admit that after some practising and failure to keep those notes legato that I've been dying to get some advice from Neil...hopefully he'll have some for me!

Thanks again!

dennisg wrote:
Fantastic job, Vanessa! Very, very smooth and polished. I know you haven't, but you look like you've been playing it for months.

Lavallee

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 pm

great work Vanessa , you are a quick learner. Finger picking has no secret for you either.

Marc

wammer

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Great Job Vanessa

Soooooooooo now you both make me want to learn this, It looks like such a fun song to play. I see you and Suzi can't help but get into this tune. And I know that its way more difficult then you two made it seem.

Tammy

sws626

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:09 pm

That was just astounding! You've got us all waitin' for it to come around on the guitar again here and sing it when it does. Loved your expression at the end, too.

-Stuart

thereshopeyet

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:11 pm

Haha, well that would make the circle complete, you and Michele putting this one up! :P

And yes, it's a fun song to play, but man...level 6...hmmm....not really agreeing on that one... :huh: ...And I actually slowed it down, if you hear Neil play it, it's even faster, but I could hear him already: SLOW IT DOWN! haha, so I did, at least a bit! ;)

Thanks Tammy, really appreciate it!

wammer wrote:
Great Job Vanessa

Soooooooooo now you both make me want to learn this, It looks like such a fun song to play. I see you and Suzi can't help but get into this tune. And I know that its way more difficult then you two made it seem.

Tammy

AcousticAl

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Thanks Stuart, thank you very much! Whew....like I said that was a toughy, 100% concentration needed to get it down, that explains the expression, haha!

Thanks again!

sws626 wrote:
That was just astounding! You've got us all waitin' for it to come around on the guitar again here and sing it when it does. Loved your expression at the end, too.

-Stuart

AcousticAl

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Thank you very much Marc!

I do like finger picking very much and this one was a real challenge! :huh: ............level 6.......aaaarrggghh...!

Thanks for watching and glad you've enjoyed it!

Cheers

Lavallee wrote:
great work Vanessa , you are a quick learner. Finger picking has no secret for you either.

Marc

MarkM

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Vanessa,

What else can I say except that was superb!!! I loved evey note of it. I just hope that I can get somewhere close to that in the next 11 months so I can play it for Thanksgiving of next year.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic