nesh16041972 learning to play Alice's Restaurant acoustic guitar

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Great stuff Nes!! One bit of advice though, talk less play more lol If that's you struggling you need to up the ante and play level 9's now. Loved the guitar faces.

tovo

Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Just spectacular. I aspire to play as well as you one day Vanessa. Brilliant.

NKenny

Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Very nice Vanessa, you made it look easy, as we all know it sure isn't. I have been working on that for a while and my fingers will not co-operate. I hope maybe sometime in my life I will sound like that.

Kenny

NKenny

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Haha, thanks Bill, you're to kind!

haoli25 wrote:
You are a ROCK STAR, Vanessa. That was fantastic. Thanks for posting it.

Bill Image

daryl

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Hey Al, our own Multitracking-guy!

Triple Threat, that's so nice to hear, thank you very very much!

Looking forward to see you do another one as well!

And what's next (What's left....I'm afraid a lót! ;) )...........?! Any suggestions??

AcousticAl wrote:
"Triple Threat Vanessa"!! Super singing, superb strumming, and now fantastic fingerpicking!

What's next? Or rather- what's left??

willem

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi Craig!

Thank you véry much for your kind words!

It's very nice to hear being inspiring, as all of you are to me as well!

Cheers

Craig wrote:
Vanessa,
Once again, you were great. Your playing is so far over my head that I could never offer any advice. I only want to say that for all of the videos I've watched of yours, your playing is great, whether strumming or fingerpicking...I can tell that you "feel" the music rather than just "play" the music. Your voice is awesome. Thanks for inspiring me to keep playing, practicing, and having fun at the same time!
Craig

willem

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Haha, SLOW DOWN! Now that ís the keyword, trust me, I've told myself many times this past week!

Thanks for watching, appreciate it!

willem wrote:
HI Vanessa,, i just quote someone ''so much time needed for learning one minute of music''',,wel i did the repeat button and listen 3 minutes so your spent time on practiceing this is more paid,,,maybe one advise ''SLOW DOWN'''.LOL

iN your case you can speed it up or put it in your sleeves closet,,but i think you play it the whole day through..lol

thanks for sharing and inspirering..

wiley

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Hey Shel!

Oh yeah, I knów, this was the most serious looking video I've posted so far, haha, 100% concentration needed here!

And still I'm sure, you'll be able to do this one as well, but I have to admit, I know you're fingerpicking is great and you're working on the happy songs (enough is enough right?!), so I'm very curious for those, haha, nó pressure! :P

I'll check out Windy and Warm!

And I have to admit, I don't always agree on Neil's, level this or level that, haha! However I was in for a challenge and I got one big time!

Thank you very much for your kind words!

michelew wrote:
WOW Nesh!

Suzi put her wonderful version up just the other day, you were inspired by her performance and now here's your's sounding smoooooth, fun and like you've already mastered it. You're AMAZING! OK so your face had some serious expressions, but if I close my eyes all I'm hearing is some great sounding music.

6s don't phase you for long.

I don't think I'll be filling my space in the "Women of TG play Alice's Restaurant program" any time soon. Tammy - no pressure... It looks fun, but I've already got a bunch that I need to finish off and some singing happy songs to get into my repertiore. I know Suzi worked hard on it and you've even said it's hard so sorry to let the group down and call me a chicken, 'beeeerk', but it will be a while before I follow the superb leads that you and Suzi have given us.

You've licked this one. Bring on the next wanna-be challenge. Maybe 'Windy and Warm' will stump you.

Fantastic!

Michele

terrynewton

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi Matt!

Well I can only say that you are very right, listening back, especially the high A wasn't emphasized enough, but I just thought....well...just upload it, what the heck!!

Thanks for all your kind words and I'm looking forward to one of your video's!

Cheers

schm040 wrote:

Vanessa,

Rhythm, timing, tone, slides, and occasional rakes, all amazing. I would offer only one suggestion, and it comes after watching Muriel's lessons and that is to adjust the volume of some of the melody periodically. I think Arlo Gutherie put some emphasis on the first beat of each measure often preceeded by equal emphasis on the & of the 4th forth beat. I ways think of this melody as kind of "jagged" with swells up and down rather than flowing evenly in terms of volume.

But who am I to say, I haven't even posted yet and I am giving advice to a guitar goddess.

Thank you for the post.

Matt

ps: I am working on my camera and microphone set up ,honest, and can't wait to post and get feedback.

willem

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Haha, thank you very much for the beautiful rose Dermot and feel free to interrupt me! :P Really, I can listen for hours as well! ;)

thereshopeyet wrote:
and trust me, I can talk a lót! :P
I have to interupt Vanessa..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are a natural.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic