nesh16041972 learning to play Alice's Restaurant acoustic guitar

willem

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Kev'!

Thank you very much for watching and for even singing along! Glad that I've managed to do thát! :P

dekotaj wrote:
WOW!!BRAVO!!,

That got my feet a taping!It sounded great right up the time I found myself sing along.Me singing,Never a good thing :laugh: :laugh: !But your playing was just fantastic.look forward to your next post.

Kevin

terrynewton

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Thank you very much Brad, you're sweet!

How is the intro of Tequila Sunrise going for you?

rapsidy wrote:
Gee nesh

i would hate tro see one you really struggle with, i wish i struggled with songs the way you do :)

sounded pretty perfect to me

Brad

terrynewton

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Yep, well définitely something to keep me occupied on a cold winter's evening, I was kinda struggling with a bit of cold fingers all week as well... :( ,

but very happy to get it down eventually...still, could be better, but hey we always think that of ourselves don't we?! ;)

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks for posting that Vanessa, lovely job on a fun tune... something to keep warm to on such a cold winter's evening!

schm040

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks for writing back. I noticed that you always return comments from posters. That shows class.

As for my suggestion on your playing, I felt awkward at first saying anything because I know you are talented. I reconsidered at first but then decided that this is a learning site not just a site to gain or give praise. Besides, my comments are what I felt, rather than having any expertise, and I believe once we understand how we feel about music it can't be wrong or right.

I promise to post some stuff, I have a great microphone but the camera is down and I don't want to use the cheesy built in web cam.

I have been practicing ALOT in the last year and Neil has been a big part of that so I am truly looking forward to getting some stuff out there just as you have.

wiley

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Haha, that's a great picture Chas!

Thanks for watching and glad that you've liked it, up to another challenge, instead of talking! ;)

Chasplaya wrote:
[quote]Great stuff Nes!! One bit of advice though, talk less play more lol If that's you struggling you need to up the ante and play level 9's now. Loved the guitar faces.

ffsooo3

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:58 pm

That's really nice to hear, I respond, because I dó appreciate everything anyone has to say...

And I know what you mean...this is a learning site, but I sometimes hesitate commenting as well..here and there I do..but it always feels awkward...

And I'm gonna hold you to that promise, haha, am véry curious what you've been practicing the last year!

Thanks again for pointing out something wich is really right, you dó understand what guitarplaying is about! (And otherwise Muriel Anderson will tell us, I love her playing, so much to learn!).

Cheers and see you around!

schm040 wrote:
Thanks for writing back. I noticed that you always return comments from posters. That shows class.

As for my suggestion on your playing, I felt awkward at first saying anything because I know you are talented. I reconsidered at first but then decided that this is a learning site not just a site to gain or give praise. Besides, my comments are what I felt, rather than having any expertise, and I believe once we understand how we feel about music it can't be wrong or right.

I promise to post some stuff, I have a great microphone but the camera is down and I don't want to use the cheesy built in web cam.

I have been practicing ALOT in the last year and Neil has been a big part of that so I am truly looking forward to getting some stuff out there just as you have.

ffsooo3

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Thank you very much Tony, very very glad that you've enjoyed it!

tovo wrote:
Just spectacular. I aspire to play as well as you one day Vanessa. Brilliant.

ffsooo3

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Oh I understand all about it Kenny! Those non-co-operating fingers.....aaaaaarggghhh....they've frustrated me this past week!

What can I say, the parts that give you a headache, SLOW DOWN! ;)

Thanks for watching and keep at it, your fingers wíll understand eventually, even if you think they won't!

Cheers

Nesh

NKenny wrote:
Very nice Vanessa, you made it look easy, as we all know it sure isn't. I have been working on that for a while and my fingers will not co-operate. I hope maybe sometime in my life I will sound like that.

Kenny

mark

Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:20 pm

Haha, you're very right Bob, I wás glad that I finished without making big mistakes! Thanks for watching!

BobR wrote:
Vanessa,

Awesome job! Your practicing has really payed off. It looks as if you were glad you finished :lol: :lol:

Bob

BigBear

Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Thank you very very much Lueders, appreciate your kind words!

Hope you're doing 'okay' btw....

All the best,

Vanessa

lueders wrote:
I loved it...thanks Vanessa that sounded great!!!! You and Suzi both picked up on a great song pretty darn quickly and made it sound really good. Thanks for the kick in the butt on this one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic