Kidney Stone update

pbraun

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:06 am

Well I thought I would give an update. It has been a saga of sorts, the stone started it trek almost 6 weeks ago and lodged itselfjust outside the kidney and got stuck. After what seemed like gallons of water later - nothing. On Monday they did a Lithotripsy, which is a shock wave treatment directed at the stone. I was in surgery, knocked out and went through about an hour of the shock wave treatment. End result, hopefully, is that the stone is broken up into small passable size pieces. It seems to have worked as I pass some nearly each time, some painful, most not so bad. Hope this ends it all. The procedure is not bad, recovery pretty easy so far, just a little sore near the kidney area as it bruises it somewhat, then of course the stone passing.
Fortunately, it doesn't hurt to practice the guitar !
Pete

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:24 am

Glad to hear you're feeling better Pete... maybe playing some Stones songs will help exorcise it completely! :-)

Or you could try this.... on of my favourites from Neil Diamond ... and I've never understood what it's all about, still....

Craig

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:42 am

Glad to hear things are getting better. Hopefully guitar can help take your mind off of things. ... Maybe George Harrison's, All Things Must Pass??? :laugh:
Craig

willem

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:45 am

Glad to know Pete,,,and when practiceing guitar can distrack you a bit that will help two way's i guess..maybe try a rock song...

thanks lady,that was nice and will help Pete

haoli25

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:33 pm

pbraun wrote:
On Monday they did a Lithotripsy, which is a shock wave treatment directed at the stone. I was in surgery, knocked out and went through about an hour of the shock wave treatment.
Pete

I'm glad you are feeling better now, Pete. Rather than a 'shock wave treatment' to your nether regions, maybe next time you could just stand in front of a speaker with Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" blaring away. :laugh:

take care

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic