rapsidy Let it be guitar lesson review upload

rapsidy

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Sorry for the wafle its a way of relaxing before i start :)

and sorry for posting so soon i had been working on this and tequilla at same time when i get frustrated with one i move on to the next one then back, well actually three songs, i have a finger picking one i want to post as well, then you can have a break :unsure:

I find this a tough song to sing but i have fun with it any way, Im not sure of the timing i just make it up as i go along , not a good practice but its where im at now. Any help to make it sound better would be appreciated :)

Brad

cosmicmechanic

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:20 am

Hi Brad,

This made me smile because I've been playing along with Neil's video of this tune lately.
I often find it hard to keep up with a play along, but this is such a simple and melodious tune that it is quite doable.
That is my golden nugget here : play this along with Neil.

Your intro was interesting, also. I imagine we would all be surprised at the memories that this song brings up from one person to another.

Oh yeah, good idea to sing. I suggest that you try singing it lower. Imagine Johnny Cash doing it and then adjust, you can do no wrong.

Pierre

willem

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:05 am

Hey Brad,,nice one,,one suggestion could be to learn some video editing and add the litlle solo part in a PIP(PICTURE IN PICTURE),It is great to have memories with a song,, i only have memories on the friend nights were this is a favorit and played it often but also we ''let it be '' for month's..looking forward to your fingerpickin song,,and of course a ''good christmas to you too,,be safe and hit that strings,,,oh yeah,i alway's like your taliking intro's and ending's..

BobR

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi Brad,

Good start. I think you just need to review Neil's lesson a bit more (which you said anyway) As long as it's fun it's good.

Merry Christmas to you too.

bob

suziko

Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:55 pm

Brad,

I was working on this song right before I saw your video of it! I agree with Pierre that you might want to experiment with singing in a slightly lower range. Playing along with Neil is a great idea, too, for really nailing the pace and rhythm, as long as he doesn't play too fast (I haven't listened to his play-along yet). But I think you're making good progress on this song and with just a little more practice you'll have a great song to keep in your repertoire.

Thanks for posting!

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Nice work Brad. I like your intro and the pre-chat to the song ;-).

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi Brad!

I have to say that it's nice that you're actually talking to/with us, thanks for the background-info, that always makes a song more special, for you but also for those who listen to you..

I thought your strumming was quite solid, my only suggestion would be to be aware whén to change chords, you do know about the last 'up' before going to another chord? That really has to be an open strum, so don't go to late and not to fast as well!

As for the key, it's quite high for a male, why not try it in G, C, D, Em? That's 5 half steps lower and if that's to low, then you could always use a capo and I'm sure you will even sound better, because you do have a singing voice.

Anyways, you're well on your way, keep at it and keep posting!

Greetz'

Vanessa

Lavallee

Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:56 pm

You did another nice job on this song, Brad. Really like your singing, and I did sing along with you.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic