tovo Who'll Stop the Rain guitar lesson review upload

tovo

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Edit: When I slipped down to my man-cave this morning to record this I forgot to take my B minor with me. So I did it again. Thanks Suzi!

I love CCR. Must be the good ol' boy coming out in me. As close as I get to country anyway. Wasn't sure where to upload it, so many options now. It's an easy tune so I was going to put it in the busking area but it's sure not faultless so I'm happy for feedback. Plus it's a Target tune so others may benefit from advice.

I had a CCR tune on my list for the year so I got it in just in time.

Thanks for looking.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

suziko

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Tony,

As this was the very first song I ever uploaded, I enjoyed watching your version. But there's one question burning in my mind: why did you skip the Bm in the 2nd and 3rd verse? I know you can play barre chords, so I'm wondering if you just missed it?

Otherwise, nice job. You kept your touch lighter on the strumming, so that sounded great. And I liked your singing, as usual.

Suzi

sws626

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Nice job, Tony. I love this sh*tkicking music, too. And you've got a perfect voice for it (that's a compliment). Glad you got this one in this year. I'm surprised no one has started a CCR busking thread yet.
-Stuart

tovo

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Hey Suzi - Simple answer...I forgot it! What a dummy I am eh! :-)

Stuart - Yep it makes me want to name my car the "General Lee" and get a bigger hat! Thanks for the compliment on the vocals, I took it as such.

suziko

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:16 pm

Tony- and most people would never notice! I only noticed because back when I recorded my version, doing a Bm was a MAJOR challenge. So it's been forever burned into my brain where that Bm falls.

Anyway, that was still a fun upload. Though I think I would have preferred it had you posted Suzi-Q!

:)

Suzi

Craig

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Tony,
Good job! I like a lot of CCR songs but for some reason have never gotten around to them. You've inspired me to get going on one! Since I haven't worked on any I can't offer advice. However, I liked your effort here and I enjoyed your singing. Thanks for sharing.
Craig

millponddave

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Goed gedaan jongen!

It was nice that you've actually looked in the camera, it was only once, but still very nice, you should do that moren often... :) !

Thanks for sharing, have to admit I do not know any CCR songs, well sure Proud Mary, but I think that's about it.... :blush:

Cheers

Ness..

tovo

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Suzi - I could not leave it so I did it again. Suzi Q eh? Mmmmm

Craig - Thanks buddy. Something really cool about CCR tunes I think. Particularly when CCR did them!

Ness - I don't look at the camera much as I can't afford a new one if I crack this lens! Thanks for the comment.

dennisg

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:19 pm

Dammit! I was going to say Goed gedaan jongen!, but Vanessa beat me to it.

Anyway, Tony, that's some of the absolutely smoothest strumming I've seen from you. Excellent job.

When you told me you were doing a CCR song, I was wondering how you were going to manage to sing in John Fogerty's range. The answer: you dropped it an octave. Good choice; you could get a hernia from trying to sing in his range.

BobR

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi Tony,

I'm liking CCR also. Glad you found your Bm :laugh: . Sounds real nice. The only thing I could suggest is in the intro/ outro when you walk down from the G to the Em you might leave your pinky on the high E string where it was on the G chord.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic