tovo Who'll Stop the Rain guitar lesson review upload

BigBear

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Tony- I love it!!! My Aussie buddy singing swamp rock!! I can almost hear John Fogarty's California/Louisiana accent coming through. As you say, "good on ya, mate"!

You actually have a great voice to sing CCR. And the strummin' wasn't half bad either!

Thanks for sharing!

:cheer:

cosmicmechanic

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Ahh tovo in his man-cave ... I know a guy whose whole house is a man-cave (let's call him Joe). A mutual friend paid him a visit, and Joe decided to feed his cat. Joe opened a tin of cat food and plunked it upside down on the floor, creating a perfect cylinder of cat food meat on the linoleum. The cat gobbled it up of course and diligently licked up every atom of the whole thing. Seems that in Joe's house there are multiple white circles on what is at first glance a rather gray floor area. Maybe there's a method to his madness ...

Tony, loved your consistent rhythm and voice is well delivered ... just wondering: do you have a cat ?

Pierre

tovo

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 am

Dennis - Thanks mate. Yes there is only 1 John Fogerty and I ain't him! :-) Love his music though and I think the single biggest piece of amazing information I have gotten from this site is finding out that Fogerty isn't from the South. I was staggered!

Bob - Cheers mate and reasonable suggestion on the high E. I tried both and preferred to do the E minor open. No big deal eh, it's all personal preference. (I need to go back and check Neil's lesson to see what he was doing but too my ears which admittedly are not great the open sounded beter).

Bear - Thanks to you. I love a bit of CCR and I feel comfortable doing it. That's a good thing right? Cheers for the comment.

Pierre - Where would I be without your great posts to keep me smiling? Alas...no cat and no linoleum but every man needs a man cave to strum his guitar and work on his truck.

willem

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:26 am

:laugh: Hi Tony,,if that is how you play and sing in the morning then I wonder who stop the rain in the evening,,very good job and remembered on how great CCR songs are..thanks

reiver

Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:07 am

Nice one Tony. Nice easy strumming, well sung, guitar sounding great. Good job.

Stuart

michelew

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:21 am

I love your style Tony. You captured the mood of this song perfectly.

Every time I see you post another song you've progressed. Here you're more comfortable and more polished. You inspire me to play more. And I definitely need to learn some campfire songs too.

Your man-cave looks very comfy.

I love your work.

M

tovo

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:44 am

Willem - Look forward to some CCR from you mate. Thanks for the comment.

Stuart - Thanks man. I really like the tune, their stuff is fun to play.

Shel - I love your style as well so we have a little mutual admiration society happening. Very nice. Thanks for your positive comments.

Lavallee

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:10 am

Really enjoy that Tony, Good voice range you selected, it seems easy for you to sing it. Really like your strumming too. You should also start a busking thread with it and get the ball rolling with CCR.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:42 am

Nice one Tony!

rapsidy

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:35 am

Hey Tony

This is the song that lead me to TG i am a ccr fan and wanted to be able to play this so i youtubed cover versions of it and stumbled across Neils lesson, it was what i was looking for and the rest is history, and suzi's vid was the first one i watched too lol.

I find it difficult to sing songs not like how you have heard them ie John fogarty, and adjust to what is comfortable or better suited to your own voice you have that ability to adapt songs to your range which is really good.Its a funny song to play as when i do it you just feel like singing it as a chill out song but CCR really belt it out and quiet a fast pace too i suppose it depends on the mood. Especially the intro the record seems to play that quiet fast. Have you tried playing a long with the CD its fun

please post more ccr :)

Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic