rapsidy Hide your love away guitar lesson review upload

rapsidy

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:04 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Brad mate... You've got to be happy with that, in my opinion your best yet. Just loved it.

Chas

dtaylor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:19 pm

Nice work, it's clear you're progressing well with every post. Really like your voice in this song, it suits your tone.
Thanks for posting.

Dean

cosmicmechanic

Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:02 am

Hi, good tone overall, I notice you pick out melody notes that do add a lot.

Would be fun to be at a campfire and have you play (have a complementary beer),
but I would have to ask you not to yell "Hey!" at me and scare me like that.

I would suggest more of a snarl or growl for that ...

Thanks, good post !

Pierre

Lavallee

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:33 am

Brad , not sure what happened, but your strumming just turned into fantastic. Maybe a looser wrist on that song, but I think you have move quite a leap in your playing with this one.

great video

Marc

BobR

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:10 am

Brad,

Sounded really nice. I enjoyed this a lot, playing and singing. I always like your intros.

Thanks for posting.

Bob

dennisg

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:12 am

Brad,

You're getting better with every video, which means you're making good use of the site. Way to go!

slinger

Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:36 pm

Brad, man góód job!

I agree with Chas, I think this is your best work so far, your strumming was solid and your voice suited the song very well, I liked your belted 'HEY', very well done!

I noticed one little thing, when you're doing the bassriff before heading into the chorus you stay on the D-chord for 6 beats (8th notes) and thén you start the bassriff, if you start the riff immediately on the first beat then you've got it down completely! (You've added an extra measure of D wich is not there when you're heading into the chorus, hope I make sense..)

Again, very good job Brad, enjoyed your video and seeing your progress very much!

Cheers

Nesh

rapsidy

Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Chas- thanks , i really felt this song, i could hear it my head so that made it a little easy to play, im glad im heading in right direction, these comments help a lot.

Dean- I hope so but its a slow progress isnt it, i am coming up to my 2 year guitar anniversary, am i on track for two years??? what is usual approximate to playing OK lol??

Pierre- thanks so much glad to sit around camp fire with you, but i will have a juice and you can have a beer as i dont drink :) I hear you on the HEY its very newe to me as i dont normally yell :blink: and john does snarl growl doesnt he i will work on that .

Marc- Its only a one off dont expect it all the time :P i suppose i just felt/understood the tempo of this song better which makes it easier to strum when it "feels" right, thanks

Bob- thank you very much, I like to interact with people so it allows me to connect as well as relax before playing.

Dennisg- thanks i hope so until i can afford lessons this site is awesome and what you see me do is what i have learnt from this site, it would be nice to have a one on one teacher to move things along quicker or help with things you dont quiet get but until then you cant beat this site. With a teacher i hope to be able to learn more songs faster :)

Nesh- thanks nesh and thanks for pointing this out as it did feel a bit long before starting the run down and i wasnt quiet sure about that bit so a down on D then do the run down, no 6 beat strum ? and i am practice your tequilla intro all the time, pesky little thing it is lol, hope u had a great xmas

michelew

Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Brad,

I really enjoyed that. You've been practicing!

You had me singing. I loved the ways in which you varied the strumming and the bass run particularly.

Top notch!

Loved it.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic