chefrusso learning to play Silent Night acoustic guitar

dekotaj

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:40 am

Bravo!!Sir,

And Marry Christmas to you.Thanks for sharing with us.

Kevin

jayswett

Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Working and living on a yacht has it's challenges, I'm sure, with respect to learning an instrument. Neverthless, you played that piece just as Neil teaches in his video. I found some of those unusual chords to be a bit of a challenge. Nice job.

songman52

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 pm

@jaysweet - Working and living on a yacht has its challenges, with respect to everything, but yeah it's kind of a double-edged sword with respect to learning an instrument. Before working on yachts, I did the restaurant thing, which meant I usually worked 60-80 hours per week! Now, I only do those kind of hours when I have guests on board. During those periods, I do have to put the guitar down, but somehow I've been able to maintain and even progress despite all that.

@Suzi - I noticed those hesitation spots when I listened back myself, so I know those are things I still need to work on, thanks! When I'm working on these boats, the galley is usually the only place I can really practice. Makes for some tight situations sometimes! LOL

AcousticAl

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi Christian,

I just caught this- really enjoyable. I liked all the sustained notes throughout.

It's after christmas now, so Happy New Year!

tovo

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:12 am

Hey Christian, I'm late in commenting but it was nice, well done. Not sure I would like to play with all those knives around, I might decide to end it all in frustration! Anyway, no problem for you. Thanks for the look.

rapsidy

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:41 am

lol sorry was just reading tovos post :laugh: i feel like that sometimes with this instrument i was such a happy boy before learning guitar :P

seriously though one my fav hymns and it sounded great apart from the video playbcak issues my heart melts every time i hear that its a power hymn and message, thanks for sharing chef

cant wait for more

Brad

willem

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks guys!

This has always been one of my favorite Christmas Carols, so when I saw Neil had a lesson on it, I jumped at the chance to learn it. I'm glad that I was able to do it some justice, at my current level of ability. I've really been getting into playing solo guitar pieces like this one, so I'm sure you'll be seeing more of the same in the future. I do have to work on a singing piece as well though, but probably won't do that one until I get home. Kinda hard to practice singing with a boat full of people! ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic