AcousticAl learning Man on the Moon (with melody) guitar lesson

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:43 am

Hi Al, sounds pretty good! I was playing along with you on it all fitted well. How about laying down a strumming track and then play over that... or are you doing that already?

thereshopeyet

Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:59 am

Thanks

AcousticAl

Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:15 am

rapsidy wrote:
sounds like its coming along Al i definately can hear what song yourplaying so you must be on the right track

This is a good thing, Brad. Thanks.

AcousticAl

Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:19 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi Al, sounds pretty good! I was playing along with you on it all fitted well. How about laying down a strumming track and then play over that... or are you doing that already?

Hi Chris,

No multi-tracking here. I'm making a point of keeping my in-progress videos 'bare-bones'. I don't want to muddy the waters and hide my actual playing, so I can (hopefully) get feedback on how to improve.

I may one day post a full version with more tracks.

Thanks again for the tabs and the original post!

AcousticAl

Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:23 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Al Wrote
I too get frustrated with songs and leave them for a while (sometimes a LONG while). The trick is coming back to them.

To answer your question- I guess when I post a video will vary. It depends on whether I'm looking for help, or want to show a technique I'm working on, or just want to post a song that I'm pleased with at the time. But specifically with this video, I started to learn it after Marc and Chris posted their version (a week ago?). I didn't want or need this upload to be bang-on, as I am looking for input on how to improve my playing the melody with the strumming.

In general though, once I decide to record and post something, I probably record it about 4 or 5 times before I get something I'm semi-pleased with. It also helps that I now leave my recording gear set up all the time now. I can slide in a record whenever I feel like it-- less of a chore to set up etc.

Hi Al

Well you have picked that up quickly in a week... cos it doesn't sound like you've got far to go with it.

Yeah, I can see the advantage of having your gear set up.... you can then record on impulse too.

Thanks

Cheers

Dermot

To be clear- I record the video about 5 times. If you're talking about actually learning a song- you'd have to add a few zeros to that 5!!

beaker

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:50 am

Al, that is sounding really good. Picking out the melody like you are sounds very cool. I look forward to hearing your multitrack version in the future! Beaker.

willem

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi Al,can't say much about this REM song,,only that i like it much after hearing Marc and Chris..

The chord/melody methode is a great thing to master and make's some diffrents in playing a repetior,,

MMMMmmmm REM SONGS,,maybe i got a idea for in the buskers love songs thread,, ''i feel it in my fingers''

tovo

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Hey Al nice work. I don't have anything useful, I do like REM though and this song in particular. Thanks for the look.

thereshopeyet

Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks

BobR

Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:16 am

Hi Al,

I must have missed this. Anyway it is coming along fine. I would have know that song even if you didn't tell me. Keep on picking.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic