buddy learning to play WILDFIRE acoustic guitar

buddy

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Vanessa,

Thanks, I am also really enjoying your posts, I am still trying to catch up around TG.

Bud

BobR

Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:00 am

Hi Buddy,

Very nicely done. Your transition from finger picking to strumming was great.

Thanks for posting

Bob

AcousticAl

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Great playing and singing. Controlled and measured.

Nice to see you back in the saddle, Buddy.

"Get these hard times right out of our minds..."
Appropriate lyrics.

BigBear

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:50 pm

Bud- good job but may I suggest that the tempo is way too slow. Michael Martin Murphey's version is slow and methodical but I think you are getting bogged down a bit.

Beautiful song and definately his best. Good effort overall! I enjoyed it! :cheer:

buddy

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Bob and Al, Thanks guys always good to here from you. As Al said, I am more than ready to get the bad times behind me.

Bear, thanks for checking this out and the feedback.

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Great to hear things are settling Buddy. Your studio in the Barn reminded me of this Graham Nash story about Neil Young

"I once went down to Neil's ranch and he rowed me out into the middle of the lake -- putting my life in his hands once again. He waved at someone invisible and music started to play, in the countryside. I realized Neil had his house wired as the left speaker, and his barn wired as the right speaker. And Elliot Mazer, his engineer, said 'How is it?' And Neil shouted back..."

"More Barn!"

Oh and very nicely played mate.

rapsidy

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:21 am

what an enjoyable song buddy, im sure you can relate alot to it being a rider :)

i thought the whole thing was very well controlled and it comes across well

thanks

Brad

cosmicmechanic

Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:12 am

Hey Buddy,

Yes I agree with the good response, nice control ... can I throw a wildcard at you ?

Around the 1:35 mark, you set into the first chorus with chords, but might you agree that you since you do something similar in last chorus, the whole song might have even more flavor if the first chorus was (mostly) fingerpicked but keeping the same vocal emphasis you do already ? The second chorus with full chords maybe would be a greater blast. Just a thought.

Good stuff,
Pierre

willem

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:19 am

Hi Buddy,,glad things settling down and that you can concentrade on your other love too,,,i love Chas saying MORE BARN,,but i think also that you share your music in the living room,,do we have a chance you vid that in time ans see the happiness of your family?? Thx for sharing ''wildfire''

buddy

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Chas, that was great "More Barn" had me LOL.

Brad, thanks for the feedback, yes as a rider I really enjoy this song.

Pierre, great idea on how to change this song up for a little variety, thanks.

Willem, Sue and I have talked about having her join me in a video when she is felling a little stronger. She has a very nice voice and it would be fun for you to meet her that way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic