jayswett Fishin' Blues guitar lesson review upload

jayswett

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:26 pm

I heard someone play this nearly fifteen years ago at a bar in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, so when Neil posted the lesson, it brought back some good memories. I played a few songs at an open mic night near my home last month, so I've been looking for a few more songs that I might be able to play at the next event. This song might be one of them if I can tighten it up a bit. You will see/hear that I missed a few notes during this performance, and I will work on it.

Lavallee

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Really fun song Jay, Your singing is really appropriate. I did not feel you missed anything. the whole thing is fluid and entertaining.

Marc

haoli25

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Congratulations on the Open Mic Night performance, Jay. I really liked "Fishin' Blues, you made me want to add this one to my list. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

lueders

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Sounds really cool Jay. That was a nice a after Christmas surprise. Nice picking as always and your voice sounds good too.

wammer

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Nice job Jay
Congratulations on the open mic.It must have went well if your planning on another. Well of course I know your playing would be fine..

Craig

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:10 am

Nice job Jay. I thought it sounded great, your picking and singing! Congratulations on doing an open mic night. Was it your first one? Just curious, but did you play any Target songs? Keep up the great work.
Craig

willem

Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:37 am

Hi Jay,,did you really miss some notes?? i'm glad Neil put's up a serie of lesson's in this bleus repetior,,this looks as a fun song in the pickin and lyrics,,,did you vid your open mike performance??? and how was it going?? well you planned a new one so you liked it i thought,thanks for sharing this one...

tovo

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:35 am

Well done Jay on this tune and also kudos for performing at open mic. Your playing has been more than good enough for ages to play in public and your voice suits a range of tunes really well I think. Did you do Streets of London? You play that beautifully I think. Nice job on this one, won't take much polish to be a strong tune.

By the way, I'm extremely jealous of your Elvis style hair.....but that's another story!

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:51 am

Great job Jay! That sounded nice and relaxed, really enjoyed it!

You did the open mic? Fantastic! That's a great step forward.... now you need to tell us the story on that... how'd it go and what songs did you sing? Really pleased for you.

dekotaj

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:08 am

BRAVO!!Jay,

Kicking the heck out of these tunes brother.If you missed anything,then my ears are as bad as my eyes.Bravo on the open Mic night.I sure hope you had someone tape it.Would love to see it if you did.If not maybe the next one you could tape and show us all.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic