buddy learning to play TIME acoustic guitar

willem

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:36 pm

Wauw Bud, that was quite a powerful performance, pówerful singing, also loved the sound of it all, great job!

Really enjoyed it, thanks and take care of you and Sue..

Cheers

Ness..

buddy

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:30 am

Thanks all for the comments ans suggestions.

reiver

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:43 am

Buddy - Great performance - playing and singing - and wonderful sound quality. Congratulations. Stuart

MarkM

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:22 am

Buddy,

The audio quality was excellent to my ears. Really nice playing for only two days of work on this. I'm sure in two more days it will be spectacular. I do have a question though. I understand that you recorded both the guitar part and the vocals in one trace. I believe that is what you said. To me the vocal tract was outstanding. Apart from having a very good voice I noticed, again to me, that there seemed to be a tiny bit of echo on the vocals that sounded great and is an effect that I am trying to do myself as I'm thinking that it may mask and or enhance my poor voice. Can you clarify what, if anything, you may have done on the vocal track? I'm really chasing that sound.

Also from the perspective of trying to line up the audio track and the video you may want to try and use a movie making program that will show you the audio in a visual form. For instance I usually record my guitar with a mic and port it into audacity. Once I save it in audacity I'll send that audio file and the video clip (with the sound from the camera) to my movie making program, Adobe Premiere Elements 8. In PE8 I first put in the video and show it in time line format. Then I put in the audio track under. From here I can see both of the audio graphs (peaks and valleys). I then line them up and then remove the video's audio track (the one from the camera) which leaves the final project synced. I'm not sure if I explained this correctly but I hope it helps. Great job on this song!!!!

MarkM

buddy

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:53 am

MArkM,

With the Tascam DP-008 you can record a number of two tracts at the same time and then keep doing this until you get up to 8 tracks recorded. What I did on the vocal and the guitar was added a bit of reverb to them when I mixed the master tract. It is pretty easy to do on this particular recorder/mixer.

THanks for the tips on the video sincing as well.

Bud

rapsidy

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi Buddy

yeah the sound quality was fantastic, it really sounded good, i have not heard this song before but you did a really good job the singing was great

thanks

Brad

buddy

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Brad,

Thanks for the comments. I feel like I am missing a lot on TG and when things settle down I will have some catching up to do.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic