buddy learning to play TIME acoustic guitar

buddy

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:37 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Howdy All,

Santa brought me a Tascam DP-008 Digital pocket studio for Christmas so I wanted to try it out with a new song. I just started on this song 2 days ago so it still has a few rough edges and I need to add a solo track to it. I recorded the vocals and the first guitar track together and then added the second guitar track and then mixed them together. This mixer/recorder is very easy to use so let me know what you think of the sound quality.

Any comments on the song or the recording technology to help me move it along would be appreciated.

Bud

wrench

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:59 pm

That was super, Buddy. Not perfect, but I know you'll tidy it up in no time.

The audio and video aren't quite sync'd, but I guess YouTube could still be processing it some. The sound quality was outstanding. Did you still use both of your MXL mic's? I noticed your mic placement is different than what you used previously, and I would recommend your current placement, especially with a Seagull dreadnought.

I hope everyone is healing well.

BobR

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi Buddy,

The audio on that sounded excellent. Oh yeah and your playing was really good too :laugh: As Dan said the audio/video seemed a bit off but overall I thought it was great.

Good to see you and I hope things are going well

Bob

Lavallee

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:03 am

Nice playing Buddy, very enjoyable song

Marc

buddy

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:51 am

Wrench,

I did use the MXL mics for this, the interface really improved the sound quality. The only drawback to this method is as you noted, that it gets the audio and the video out of sink.

buddy

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:53 am

Bob and Marc,

Thanks for checking this out, thing are moving along with Sue and she is doing well. We will find out next week weather she will need Chemotherapy or not. We are hoping to avoid it but don't want to take any risks either.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi Buddy I'm glad to hear Sue is doing well.
The sound quality on this was really good so it sounds like you have a nice device there.
I really like the song and how you were performing it so I'd really love the hear the finished version!
Good job!

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi buddy, good warm sound there. Your voice fits the original singer's (also) "big" voice, in a nice even range.
Good picking too, you didn't even need to look at your right hand. We're rooting for Time to be good and well-behaved, take care.

Pierre

jayswett

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Not bad for just two days of work. Sound quality was quite good, I thought. I haven't heard a Hootie song in a long time.

tovo

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Never heard this tune before but wow Bud you did a super job of it. Your voice was so strong and the sound quality was crystal clear. I'm damned impressed mate!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic