mark All in good Time guitar lesson review upload

rapsidy

Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:06 am

one question Mark does it come with words????

but I did enjoy it, it must be difficult to forget every song you have heard and come up with something origina??l many great musicians have had trouble with it i.e my sweet lord george harrison, john fogarty got down for plagerising his own music :laugh: comes to mind.

very enjoyable though

Brad

lueders

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:35 am

Mark, I am also in the not qualified to comment on this technically. But in my soul I dug it! I was watching this and all could think was "man I wish I could incorporate that slapping technique into my playing."
I thought it was a beautiful composition. Thanks so much for posting this, man. It was truly great.

mark

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:36 am

rapsidy wrote:
one question Mark does it come with words????

but I did enjoy it, it must be difficult to forget every song you have heard and come up with something origina??l many great musicians have had trouble with it i.e my sweet lord george harrison, john fogarty got down for plagerising his own music :laugh: comes to mind.

very enjoyable though

Brad
There are no words for it.
Unfortunately if start singing the house gets surrounded by cats and it goes strangely dark outside.

I actually tried to take the opposite approach to what you suggest. Rather than try and forget every song I know, I have tried to base it something that already exists but make sure it is different and new.

For instance the very opening lick is based loosely on a lick that Neil plays in his "On the horizon".

I'm also working on something that is based on Romanza, where it has one section played in Em and then the next section played in E.

mark

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:45 am

lueders wrote:
Mark, I am also in the not qualified to comment on this technically. But in my soul I dug it! I was watching this and all could think was "man I wish I could incorporate that slapping technique into my playing."
I thought it was a beautiful composition. Thanks so much for posting this, man. It was truly great.
Thanks for the encouragement.

You definately can use this slapping technique.
It's one of those things which is really difficult to do to start with but once you've got it, it's quite easy.

Start really simply with just going to between two simple chords and do the same picking pattern on both chords.
The slaps always come on beats 2 and 4.
Once you can do that you can vary the pattern a bit.
Neil has some lessons on this but I'm not sure which ones.

jcrocket

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:14 am

Mark -

Like many of the others, I don't feel qualified to give any technical advice or critique. However, I do know what I like, and I liked this a lot!

Jeff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic