>> Todays Target Student Video review by Neil - Brain Damage by Vanessa.

TGMatt

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:57 pm

Today's Target only Student review video by Neil focuses on Brain Damage by Vanessa.

Hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/master-me ... udentreply

thereshopeyet

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks

jayswett

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:53 pm

That was a great video by Vanessa. I've watched it at least a dozen times trying to get the hang of the fingerpicking to strumming transition. Guess what. It's not happening. I'll keep trying, though. Thanks for posting it.

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Congratulations on a great review Ness, Its great that Neil always seems to have something which is enough to push people to a higher level.

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi Neil!

Thank you so much for your review, I enjoyed it very much and it is much appreciated!

I have to admit that it's not really clear to me whén it's actually possible to use coloured chords or not....because those are all gréat sounding chords, wich I do use in other songs (when played in the original song), just never occured to me to use them in here, this time I just did as you've taught me in your lesson, haha, well except for the A-major, wich is a chord that I really like playing over at the 5th fret, I like the slide as well as the sound of it so I use it a lot..

So whén is it okay to colour them? I get the part of the two open top strings being okay because both notes are in the keys of this song, so is that the question that I should ask myself whenever I want to do as you've suggested?

Anyway, I loved the review, thank you so much for your time and for all your really kind words on my playing, it means a lot to me!

Vanessa

Music Junkie

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Thanks Chas and oh yes he does, he álways does, that's why I love his teaching and this site so much! ;)

Chasplaya wrote:
Congratulations on a great review Ness, Its great that Neil always seems to have something which is enough to push people to a higher level.

haoli25

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:46 pm

Thanks a lot Jay and since you're a good guitarplayer, I'm sure you will have it down at one point, after all the transition is more a matter of getting this D7 down in one single movement, really aim right......why not post it as well? Would love to see what you would come up with!

jayswett wrote:
That was a great video by Vanessa. I've watched it at least a dozen times trying to get the hang of the fingerpicking to strumming transition. Guess what. It's not happening. I'll keep trying, though. Thanks for posting it.

AcousticAl

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Hey D.! (you're always teasing me! 'Michael', haha! :laugh: )

Enlighten me, what's play it with all your mods in it.? You mean play it with all the chords that Neil suggested?

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hello Vanessa

Great review....You'll need to come back and play it with all your mods in it.

That bar Neil refers too as very high,getting over it might cause some to raise an octave or to :woohoo:

Cheers

Michael

:laugh:

willem

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:24 am

Soooooooooooooooo Vanessa,,there you got some great genius suggestions through your frontdoor,

Sometimes hearing someone's playing you (I)think what can you add to this,,it was all well,then i'm totally amazed that there is something to add..

thereshopeyet

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:53 am

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic