dtaylor Classical Gas guitar lesson review upload

beaker

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Dtaylor
That was so good it was ridiculous! I don't know what your perspective is, but from mine..... that was really very good. If you are being honest about getting from 3 chords to this in 18 months, well, ..... then you are one of the top TG success story's that I have seen (along with wrench, tovo and others....). Keep on playing man, you must have some great perseverance as well as a bunch of talent to help you along. I expect to see Linus & Lucy in 3 weeks.... heh, heh. Beaker.

dtaylor

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Beaker that's very generous of you, I confess it's getting on for 20 months since I bought the guitar but I joined the site a couple of months later. This way of learning really suits me, I was just thinking that I probably listen to Neil's voice more than any other person, I just wish the site had been around 20 years ago.

I find it quite reassuring when I look at some other lessons out there on youtube and elsewhere and can see poor technique and weak instruction a mile off, I'm always prostheletising about the site, safe in the knowledge no-one could be disappointed if they join.

RicksPick

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:29 am

Hi Dean

Only just caught this, so glad I did, Fantastic

RicksPick

suziko

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:15 am

Wow! What a nice job on Classical Gas! I can't believe you've only been really playing for about 18 months. Amazing progress, for sure, though I think many of us have been amazed at the progress we've made since joining TG. Like many others before me have said, I really enjoyed the energy you put into this piece; because of it, despite some minor flubs, it was really fun to watch.

This is a song I'd like to tackle at some point, but I think it's going to be back burnered for a while.

Suzi

dtaylor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 am

Rick - thanks, glad you enjoyed it!
Suzi - I think it will be another 18 months before I can really do it justice and iron out the flubs. but it is very satisfying to practice, I'm sure you could have it weighed off in no time.

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks

rapsidy

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:50 am

YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :P

18 mths ive been slaving my guts out for 2 years hrs a day :blink: and couldnt even come close to plucking the first string of that... where is the bonfire i feel like throwing my guitar on it... man that sucks.... i suppose thats where TALENT comes into effect more talent means you pick up things quicker i guess.. how depressing :S

OK had my hissy fit :blush:

it was quite brilliant and very enjoyable to listen.. you introduced me too never going back again i went and had a look at the lesson and thought ...that is going to have to wait :dry: and you can play it already.... well done B) hats off to you man...

any practice tips :woohoo: i feel as though i waste so much time for little gains is there any tricks

great job .. im just jealous :laugh:

Brad

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Thanks

dtaylor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Brad, that was the one and only time of the probably 1000 attempts that I managed not to completely crash and burn halfway through a rendition. The Arabs say 'repetition teaches the donkey' I'm a donkey who doesn't mind getting knocked down!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic