dtaylor Classical Gas guitar lesson review upload

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:20 am

Not only is that an outstanding achievement, I really enjoyed it to. Way too go dtaylor!

jayswett

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:54 am

That was unbelievable. Pulloffs were spot on. Nicely done. Classical Gas looks like a good looooong term project.

MarkM

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:39 am

This was just outstanding work!!!! 18 months. Wow. I'll go and crawl under a rock now. :laugh: :laugh: Apart from all that I have to agree with the others in that it was totally enjoyable to listen to. I really liked your changed of attack from point to point in the song. Not only did your tempo change but you changed the volume from time to time as well. You've done much more than memorize notes here. You've made this your own. Great job!!!

MarkM

jcrocket

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:08 am

Fantastic! This is one of those performances I'll watch over and over.

Coming that far in just 18 months is beyond phenomenal.

Jeff

dtaylor

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:37 pm

Thanks to everyone for your encouraging comments, it's always great to get good feedback but especially from talented musicians like you.

Cheers!

Dean

Chasplaya

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:26 pm

MarkM wrote:
This was just outstanding work!!!! 18 months. Wow. I'll go and crawl under a rock now. :laugh: :laugh:
MarkM
Any room under that rock , move I'm joining you.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Simply amazing for 18mths just think where you'll be in another 18mths at that rate of improvement.

dekotaj

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:02 am

WOW!!!BRAVO!!!,

Great right hand control.18 months, just fantastic!!

Thank You.
Kevin

michelew

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:29 am

Dean,

WOW!! You've got a lot to be proud about. I would be so thrilled if I could play that and so beautifully.

Your hard work has really paid off. Amazing!

Michele

tvarga

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:31 am

Really nice work Dean! Coincidentally, I'm working on Classical Gas too. Although I've got a long way to go to get it as clean and nice sounding as you have it. Bravo!
-Tom

P.S. I just noticed that your avatar is of a hang-glider pilot. Do you still fly? That was my main passion during my college days. I sure do miss flying.

dtaylor

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Chas, Kevin, Michele, thank you for your kind words, praise from Caesar!
I never thought I'd be able to play this, parts were just physically impossible when I started but it's surprising what you can do if you stick with the programme. Still so much to learn though...

Tom, thank you for your comments, I look forward to your version, no doubt it will be immaculate in less than 18 months :)
I'm working on Judy inspired by your recent upload. In principle it should be easier but for me getting the transitions so smooth is very difficult. Any advice?
p.s. the avatar is from a trip to France last year, a site called La Forclaz, an unbelievebly beautiful site to fly and so easy too! It was hard to come down. A lot of pilots come back to it after kids have left and they have free time again (I'm told it's like riding a bike) so why not??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic