schm040 learning to play Bourree in EM acoustic guitar

schm040

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:34 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Thanks

suziko

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Nice job on a VERY challenging piece. This is one that I forgot I wanted to try some time, so thank you for the little reminder.

Suzi

dtaylor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 pm

This is another order of difficulty, fast changes all over the fingerboard, I find it a bit daunting, never quite sure if my right hand is doing the right thing. Thanks for posting!

lueders

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Quite the fretboard gymnastics on that one, heh? This looks like it is coming along real well, though...about 80-90 percent there. (But what the heck do I know, I'm no classical guitar expert. lol) I'm just trying to say I think it looks like it really starting to come together for ya. Thanks for posting.

b.t.w.This looks like a tune that would be one heck of a warm up piece; if nothing else.

Craig

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Nice job challenging yourself with such a difficult piece. Very well done. Thanks for sharing.
Craig

BobR

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:52 pm

That looked exceptionally difficult and you seemed to be doing it rather well.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

schm040

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:27 am

Hey,

You are all correct, this thing is HARD! There is a change every beat. I am still struggling with the 8 8th note run in measure 5, I missed the bass note G both times I played it.

I have been working on it little by little ever since Neil posted it a long time ago. I am about 75% there, I flubbed a few spots and got totally lost at the beginning of the second part, but I started to settle down on the second time around on the second part.

Neil asked those of us who have not posted to the student review channel to do so, so there it is.

It's funny, I of course took several takes of the upload before I posted this one, and each time I re-recorded it, I think I learned a little more.

It was fun.

MattMassachusetts

Lavallee

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:33 am

HI Matt, nice work on a tough song. Just curious, is the capo for sound reason? I would suggest to slow it down for a while to work on linking all the parts together. An example would be at bar 16 where you have the mordent and it sounds skipped. I find that once we get use to play fast , it is quite challenging to play it slowly because we do not follow the song in our head at the same time we play, so you hace to rely on the partition. I have found that I have improved a lot by doing that because you feel the playing better and then reincrease the speed.

Great work

Marc

schm040

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:54 am

Marc,

Yes, I put the Capo on because my guitar sounds better at those frets, plus, to be honest, it makes the stretch from hinge barre 2nd fret 5th string to 5th fret 1st and 2nd strings with the fourth finger a bit friendlier.

As for speed, yes, you are correct. I just wanted to play it up to tempo for the upload but I generally do play it a bit slower when I am practicing.

Thanks for the tips.

Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic