nesh16041972 learning to play Bourree in Em acoustic guitar

schm040

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:53 am

Hey all!

Coincedently another attempt of Bourree this week and what can I say, getting every note clean in front of the camera is just nót that easy :S , haha!

Have been working on it quite hard these last couple of weeks, but I think a song like this réally needs to age, espcecially when it comes down to dynamics and all.

Well I guess I will keep playing it, but you can all watch how I'm doing at it now, so if you have any suggestions, advice or comments, just shoot! :P

Thanks for watching,

Cheers

Ness..

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:27 am

That's really cool Vanessa. I can see great skill in your left hand there. I'm assuming you were reading the music sheet and playing from that. Could you play it out of your head? I liked your comment on letting a song age a little... maturing like a good cheese of fine wine. You always have a very charming and authentic touch to your videos. Nice job!

tacticaltal

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:41 am

Thank you very much Chris!

Well yeah I had the sheets in front of me, I can play it by heart, wich I usually do when I practice, áfter memorizing of course, haha, but in front of the camera I just wanted to play safe and at least be able to look at it, cause I was also quite nervous to say the least! To play this one right all the way through is really not easy (I can't believe that it's only 01.12 long or something) and I didn't, so yes it needs to age! ;)

Thanks again Chris, also for your comment on my videos, I appreciate it!

Ness

neverfoundthetime wrote:
That's really cool Vanessa. I can see great skill in your left hand there. I'm assuming you were reading the music sheet and playing from that. Could you play it out of your head? I liked your comment on letting a song age a little... maturing like a good cheese of fine wine. You always have a very charming and authentic touch to your videos. Nice job!

schm040

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:51 am

Ness,

You said you were going for it, and yes you did. I like how you laugh when you get through a tough part, which again you did every time. This tune definitely sounds better on a classical guitar like yours and definitely better in your hands than mine!

Have you attempted the trill in measure 16? I need to watch Neil do it again, because it does add a lot to that transition.

What's your next challenge?

MattMassachusetts

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:54 am

Yes, I know what you mean Vanessa! Sit in front of an audience, imagined or real and the pressure is on and one can forget anything as the adrenaline blanks out the thinking part of the brain... even if you are as good at what you do as you are. That should be a helpful message to the rest of us. ;-)

michelew

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:07 am

Ness,

WOW! There's just no stopping you. Amazing. Sounded fantastic even without leaving it to mature.

I REALLY need to start learning this piece. Maybe I'll have it down by 50. BTW - it's nice to know that it's not just us newbies that get nervous.

I LOVE your expressions. For such a serious piece they sure made me smile. B)

Made my evening. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks.

M.

willem

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:42 am

Oh boy? OH bourree you mean. The first time i was involved with this tune(played by a friend) it was saled to me and what a happyness came over me when Neil puts up lesson,,so i tryed,i tryed,,i came not furter as the first part and forgot all about it,,this is such a nice tune to have under your belt,,i'm glad a other friend play's it now to and she is far on her way to nail it but i think it has to age,,so Vanessa keep playing this everyday(maybe a good warm up) and impress us with the dynamics..i think i try and try it again and maybe sucseed at last...

thereshopeyet

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:05 am

Thanks

tombo1230

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:30 am

Thank you very much Matt, well you know as well that it's not an easy piece! :ohmy:

I had to control myself on this one, by myself, when I'm totally relaxed, no camera-pressure, I play it faster and sometimes it comes out right all the way through and sometimes I mess up at the end, haha, and probably that would happen in front of the camera, so again I could hear Neil say: take it slow!

But yes, I like playing it on a classical guitar, harder though (as for the stretches), although Neil plays it on his steelstring (I think)..

However, the thrill in measure 16, I totally missed that as in not being aware of it and I can't remember Neil explaining that :huh: otherwise I would have tried, gonna check on it again.

Glad you liked my laughs! :P and thanks again!

Ness

(my next challenge, that is is good one...been working on Classical gas, but the chorus gives me a headache.. :S, any suggestions? :) )

schm040 wrote:

Ness,

You said you were going for it, and yes you did. I like how you laugh when you get through a tough part, which again you did every time. This tune definitely sounds better on a classical guitar like yours and definitely better in your hands than mine!

Have you attempted the trill in measure 16? I need to watch Neil do it again, because it does add a lot to that transition.

What's your next challenge?

MattMassachusetts

Lavallee

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:03 am

Hi Shel!

Haha, you're so sweet :blush: , am really glad that you liked it, even without the aging!

Can't help the feeling that I'm not really satisfied, at least not with the video but yep, newbie or no newbie the camera can be a nervous-wrecking thing and it shows when you play a difficult part. But what the heck, right?! ;)

Well the expressions...haha, what can I say?! I guess that's really me, great to hear that they made you smile!

And uh...I'm sure if you start now, and since you're nót a newbie, that you can do this before turning 50 :P , wáy before then!

However, thank you very much!

Ness

michelew wrote:
Ness,

WOW! There's just no stopping you. Amazing. Sounded fantastic even without leaving it to mature.

I REALLY need to start learning this piece. Maybe I'll have it down by 50. BTW - it's nice to know that it's not just us newbies that get nervous.

I LOVE your expressions. For such a serious piece they sure made me smile. B)

Made my evening. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks.

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic