nesh16041972 learning to play Bourree in Em acoustic guitar

millponddave

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:34 am

Vanessa,

You never cease to amaze me. Every video you post shows your skill. All I can say is keep them coming! Your efforts, along with everyone else's keeps me inspired to keep plugging away and try to improve.

Thanks,

Dave

tvarga

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:39 am

Vanessa, that was done amazingly well! I was most impressed with your left hand and how you seemed to have perfected the relaxed, minimal motion required to play something this challenging. It's really obvious that you've played this song a lot and that your muscle memory is working well. :)
I attempted Bourree about a year ago which I think was before I was really ready to play something that challenging. Someday I hope to re-learn it and get it right.
-Tom

Craig

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:53 am

Great job Vanessa! Your playing is great, as always...but I really like the fact that your personality comes through in your playing, I think that's a great gift that you have. Keep inspiring me.
Craig

Yamaha48

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:42 am

Hey Vanessa.

Wouwwww you can do it,for me hard to play.
Yeh the charms that you brings in the video.
Thanks for sharing girl friend from TG.
Till soon in feb.

Anton

BobR

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi Vanessa,

To my ears I think it has aged very well. :lol:

Great job
Bob

Lavallee

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Vanessa, you played it wonderfully, very fluid.

Marc

suziko

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Very well done, Vanessa, as always! Seeing this song posted twice this week really makes me want to have a go at it sometime. I also seem to remember Marc posting a very nice version of it a while back.

Thanks for sharing- I really enjoyed it!

Suzi

buddy

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Ness,

You are such a joy and your love for music just flows out in your videos. Your playing of this piece was just excellent and i really enjoyed it.

Bud

dennisg

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:16 pm

That was absolutely stunning, Vanessa -- one of the most amazing performances I've seen on TG. Normally after seeing such a terrific job done on a song, I get the urge to learn the song. But that one looks way too difficult for me to tackle, so I'm just going to appreciate your version over and over.

schm040

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Ness,

Neil called it a "classical mordent". I looked that up, see below.

I just watch the B2 video section again and realized that I was playing it wrong anyway, haha.

As for suggestions for your next post, surprise us. I am going with one of Hector's lessons I think.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

From Wikipedia:
In music, a mordent is an ornament indicating that the note is to be played with a single rapid alternation with the note above or below. Like trills, they can be chromatically modified by a small flat, sharp or natural accidental. The term comes from the Latin mordere, meaning "to bite." The upper mordent is indicated by a short squiggle; the lower mordent is the same with a short vertical line through it:

MattMassachusetts

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic