nesh16041972 learning to play Bourree in Em acoustic guitar

haoli25

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Bravo Vanessa. I think even Bach would have to agree, you kicked Bouree's butt! :laugh: I really enjoyed your performance.

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Encore! Encore! Bravo! Bravo!

Now that was real good, a joy to watch and listen.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:53 pm

Oh man, you guys and girls are só very very sweet, you are making me smile bíg time here!

Willem: Thanks for watching and yep I will keep playing this! ;)

Dermot: Hahaha, you are absolutely the funniest of all, always curious with what picture you're gonna hit me now and this one is just hilarious, thanks! :laugh:

Dave: Thank you so very much Dave, it is so sweet and just great to hear, am really glad you liked it, thanks again!

Tom: Well it's actually yóu Tom who inspired me to work some more on high level-songs again, so this coming from you is really really great, I reallly appreciate it! And after watching your latest videos I'm sure you will definitely tackle this one!

Craig: Thank you so much, that is really really sweet to say and great to hear :blush: , thanks again!

Anton: My dutch friend, thank you and I am very glad you liked it, looking forward to seeing you in feb!

Bob: Haha, thank you very much Bob, I appreciate it and am glad you've enjoyed it!

Marc: Thank you Marc! Did I read somewhere that you've posted a video of this tune as well? However, thanks for you kind words!

Suzi: Thank you very much Suzi! Great to hear that those uploads inspire you to give this a try some time, since you've inspired me as well! ;) Am very happy you liked it, thanks again!

Buddy: What can I say?! Just... :blush: thank you so very much for your more than kind words!

Dennis: Wauw Dennis, hearing something like that just blows me away....! You are too sweet, thank you so much!

Bill: Haha, the clapping hands, what would I do without them?! :cheer: Thank you very much!

Chas: A big thumb up from you is álways great :) ! Am very glad that you've enjoyed it, much appreciated, thanks!

michelew

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:07 pm

I find my self in Dennis' camp. the more I watch this the more amazing the playing, and dexterity and stretches and fluid-ness , blah, blah, blah gets. I was great the first few times, but I was a little distracted by the kookie expressions.

Amazing!

Something to aim for, that's for sure.

M.

Music Junkie

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:40 pm

You're the sweetest Shel.... :blush: :blush: ....

It did take some work but all the kind words make it so worthwhile, everybody is just absolutely great!

So what's kookie? :unsure: ....I find myself still looking too serious in there though, haha!

(I have to admit, the more Í watch it the more.....hmmm....well....am more than glad that you find the opposite, but I guess, I can't be really objective on my own playing...thank you so much!)

michelew wrote:
I find my self in Dennis' camp. the more I watch this the more amazing the playing, and dexterity and stretches and fluid-ness , blah, blah, blah gets. I was great the first few times, but I was a little distracted by the kookie expressions.

Amazing!

Something to aim for, that's for sure.

M.

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:53 pm

To top it off, I just realized that you played this tune with the guitar resting on your left side ("classical" position), even though you have it on your right side in other videos.

Changing from your usual guitar position adds another level of difficulty to being able to play it so fluidly ... too much !

Thanks for the inspiration, Vanessa.

Pierre

michelew

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:03 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
So what's kookie? :unsure: ....I find myself still looking too serious in there though, haha!

(I have to admit, the more Í watch it the more.....hmmm....well....am more than glad that you find the opposite, but I guess, I can't be really objective on my own playing...thank you so much!).
[/quote]

Kookie - silly, funny, fun, off-beat, eccentric, a little crazy (in a good way).

Yep - I get the feeling too serious bit, which was why I got so daggy at the end of my 'Heart of Gold' video. In fact anyone watching MY videos might think I never smile.

And you know that we are all our own worst critic. I'm never 100% happy with any of my videos and I'm guessing the vast majority of people who post feel the same. Lap up the praise. If we thought you sucked we'd find a way to tell you. Yeh, like that's going to happen (the sucking bit).

M.

Yamaha48

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Haha, the end of your NY-song made me laugh big time! :lol: You got a lot of self-deprecating (is that the right word?), that's great and funny as well!

Well fortunately you have a laughing video out there, haha, that one is quite convincing that you can smile! :P

If we thought you sucked we'd find a way to tell you Hahaha, oh boy again! :ohmy: :lol:

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

(I have to admit, the more Í watch it the more.....hmmm....well....am more than glad that you find the opposite, but I guess, I can't be really objective on my own playing...thank you so much!).

Kookie - silly, funny, fun, off-beat, eccentric, a little crazy (in a good way).

Yep - I get the feeling too serious bit, which was why I got so daggy at the end of my 'Heart of Gold' video. In fact anyone watching MY videos might think I never smile.

And you know that we are all our own worst critic. I'm never 100% happy with any of my videos and I'm guessing the vast majority of people who post feel the same. Lap up the praise. If we thought you sucked we'd find a way to tell you. Yeh, like that's going to happen (the sucking bit).

M.[/quote]

BigBear

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for watching and your kind words!

And yep 'classical' position, it's true, playing popmusic or campfire songs and even fingerstyle-songs I do tend to play on my right side, but playing classical stuff I definitely switch to the left side wich is actually a must because the guitar really needs more 'resting points' or is it 'leaning points' (I'm not sure what the right word is).

As a child I did start out like that when learning to read standard notation and classical pieces and I stíll think it's the best and most solid foundation one can have when learning to play the guitar.. but I also líke playing classical pieces, they're quite challenging and really improve ones guitarskills, so I'm all for it!

Thanks again Pierre!

cosmicmechanic wrote:
To top it off, I just realized that you played this tune with the guitar resting on your left side ("classical" position), even though you have it on your right side in other videos.

Changing from your usual guitar position adds another level of difficulty to being able to play it so fluidly ... too much !

Thanks for the inspiration, Vanessa.

Pierre

tovo

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:46 am

Ummm yeah. I think that's what you call "kick ass playing". You are the stuff Ness, and like Shel I love those facial expressions of yours. You are a great player that was very obvious from the time you first appeared, but also you are a great example of how to deliver a tune as a performance. You are always fun to watch, either doing Beatles and belting it out or doing a classical piece like this. I so very glad you are here, you are a joy to watch and I always learn something from you.

Great stuff.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic