RicksPick

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:35 am

Too Cool Vanessa

Smooth with a capital S
Always nice to see your video's.

RicksPick

AcousticAl

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:08 am

Very impressed with your work on this difficult piece, Vanessa.

I also found your expressions cute when you thought you hit a bad note. I couldn't tell- all seemed great to me.

But you're right- this is an intricate piece that you'll probably never be truly finished with. Part of the fun I think.

Thanks for sharing.

AcousticAl

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:29 am

Tony: ......you've just left me completely speechless.... :blush: ......you're too sweet....

RicksPick: Thank you very much R., am really happy you enjoy them and this one, just great to hear!

Al: Thanks a lot Al, yep this piece needs some work and then again more work and I will, maybe I'll do an update in a couple of months or so, see what that will bring me ;), thanks again!

tvarga

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:02 am

I just watched Neil's review of your of your video. I loved his suggestion to focus (a lot) on the hardest measures of a song. I remember vividly how hard that tough section in Bourree was when I was trying to learn it and I never got it down as well as you did.

I've been sort-of coming to the conclusion that it is necessary to spend an inordinate amount of time working on the tough section of a song, but until hearing Neil say that it is in fact the right thing to do, well, I now know that I haven't been doing it enough. :)

jim56

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:28 am

Thanks Tom!

I have to say that it indeed didn't occur to me to identify the hardest part of a song first, I know about taking it per section or even per measure, wich I did. And since this is the final section of the song I got to it after I got the other parts down, not having thought of the fact that the last section might be the hardest part of the song, just didn't look at it until I got there...next time I won't be fooled again! :P

But yes, haha, an inordinate amount of time, there's just no short cut!

See you around Tom, looking forward to your next video!

tvarga wrote:
I just watched Neil's review of your of your video. I loved his suggestion to focus (a lot) on the hardest measures of a song. I remember vividly how hard that tough section in Bourree was when I was trying to learn it and I never got it down as well as you did.

I've been sort-of coming to the conclusion that it is necessary to spend an inordinate amount of time working on the tough section of a song, but until hearing Neil say that it is in fact the right thing to do, well, I now know that I haven't been doing it enough. :)

thereshopeyet

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:04 am

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic