Lavallee learning to play Wish you were here acoustic guitar

Lavallee

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I have already posted it in the busking channel, but there is a greater chance to have a review from here. This year I had taken the resolution to sing more and hopefully improve that aspect. Maybe having a bit more confidence by singing more often could be the key.

Thanks for watching

Marc

dtaylor

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Love it, well done Marc. nice timing, good voice, really enjoyed it!

Dean

lueders

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:33 pm

Marc, that was really cool. (And you sang pretty well there too. First time for that, or am I just not remembering?)

Your timing is always impeccable. This was no exception. Very well done, sir.

reiver

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Marc
Glad you reposted this - I missed it first time around. I don't play this song so I can't offer much by way of specific comment other than say I thought you played really nicely at a good steady tempo and appeared to have all the main riffs down. My technique with a pick is pretty awful (with a success rate of around 50% when I try to hit a specific string!) so I can't offer much help there either I'm afraid. I do think I noticed a couple of missed strings but you'll be well aware of that. As far as singing is concerned, I wish I could tell you it gets easier - but if you're anything like me it'll always be a chore! I've had to bite the bullet a few times now and just go for it - but each time I do it's a source of some discomfort for me. But you should know that I thought your singing was perfectly fine and I hope you do take some confidence from this and feel like you can have a go in some future posts.

Nice post

Stuart

thereshopeyet

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks

AcousticAl

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:20 pm

Hey Marc, welcome to the "Never Say Never" Club!!

Really liked your version of WYWH- both the guitar AND the vocals!

As you're probably aware- singing is much like playing guitar.. you won't get any better at either skill unless you practice.

Well done!

snipe

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Marc,

That was xlnt! I actually got my 12 string out and was playing along with you. very cool. Thanks for posting that

Mike

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Great job Marc! Singing too! Really enjoyed that. Good to see you again :-).

MarkM

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Mark,

Thanks for posting again. I missed it in the busking thread. I wish there was a way to inform us when a new busking video comes out as I seem to miss many of them. Very good job with this. The guitar was sounding very good. Crisp clear notes and the tone was great. Nice job on the singing as well. I'm planning another trip to Monteal in a few weeks. You, Pierre and I will have to get together.

MarkM

Lavallee

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Thank you Dean , glad you enjoyed it

Cori, thanks, I find though that timing is big challenge for me and it is not natural, but playing with the original did help

Thank you Stuart, using the pick is more challenging at this point for me as well. Hitting the strings clean is quite difficult when you have a mixture of strumming and picking. There were a few strings missed and i missed the first run of the riff at one point, but I decided to make just one recording. Now that I decided that I was going to give it try, it did not bothered me to sing hoping to improve. Since it is not a signing contest, I decided to ignore the pressure we put on ourselves fearing to be judged. Check your mail.

Thanks Dermot, I must given a bad address, as nobody came :laugh:

Thank you Al, you are right about practicing singing, I can only improve.

Thanks Mike, I am really happy that you played along

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic