lueders learning Pickin & Grinnin guitar lesson

lueders

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:46 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Not really sure if posting these original pieces is a no-no or not.(And sure I got a ways to go to be as good as mark at this composition stuff...but why not tinker with it?) I definitely get a lot out of these type projects. Also, the feedback from Daryl, the Mark(s), Rick and some others was invaluable last time. With some T.G. help I was able to get some useful feedback and in the process the tune and my song structure benefited greatly. (Gonna post get around to posting the improved version of "Lorelei" one of these days.)
I certainly don't expect it to be reviewed as this is not a target song.
This just is a song I been working on. (Actually, believe it or not, there's various pieces of recycled target tunes in there.) Basically I just wanted to try to compose an Alternative Country style piece of music. It still needs some work, needless to say. But it has been a lot of fun. I have some lyrics and when I get it a little more fine-tuned I'll hopefully bring in my favorite vocalist. Any feedback welcome. Song structure, timing, whatever you think I need to work on. Thanks in advance folks. Cori

jayswett

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 pm

That was incredible. Well done on what looks like a tricky piece of music. I'd like to learn a bit about that guitar.

lueders

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:06 pm

Hey, thanks a lot for the kind words, Jay. (Means a lot from you with your skill and level of proficiency.)
Santa brought me this guitar. It is a Dean CE Resonator Acoustic/Electric Cutaway. It isn't high end by any means. Here someon who plays it better than I do:

Lavallee

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:08 pm

Fantastic work Cori, I especially the integrated picking all in time with the strumming. Nice resonator, love the sound of theses axes. It is great that you are composing. I do not know enough of musical structure to help, but it sounds really good. Looking forward to hear the lyrics.

Marc

MarkM

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:19 am

Cori,

Wow!!! I really like that!! I checked the site just before I got to bed and saw this. Now I want to grab my guitar. I love what you did with this. I'll check this back tomorrow and try and play along when I have more time. There was a section in there where you were playing a C chord that was screaming for a double hammer on before going back down to the bass note in the G I think. Awesome job. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

buddy

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:54 am

Cori,

That was way cool my friend !

lueders

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:56 am

Well, thank you very kindly Marc with a "C" and Mark with a "K".

Marc Thank you for the kind words. Sir. I really like that country Hybrid scale in C. It is fun to tinker with. Did
a fair amount of ripping off and recycling country blues and fiddle licks too. Tried to make it sound like a
steel string as much as possible. But that's pretty darn tough. Not sure if the phrasing totally makes good
musical sense...hope the two are integrated okay? Thanks for the positive feedback and support as
always.

MarkM Thanks a lot Mark, I'm glad you liked it. I love this kind of constructive feedback you gave. The first
position chords spend a lot of time in "release" land and they briefly become suspended chords so it is hard to
pinpoint where exactly you're talking about. I am guessing that you are suggesting a double harmmer-on the C
chord to D note briefly making in a C add 9 and then back to C with a pull off. That occurs just before the shift to
a D minor chord. There is also,( immediately following an F minor- C change) the same kind of thing going on with
a G chord, from which I hammer on and pull off a C note. Anyways, more info than you wanted I'm sure...but i
was just trying to figure out where you might have meant. Anything to make it better....Maybe you can help me
figure it out one of these days. Thank you, sir.

lueders

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:04 am

Bud,

Thanks for watching and I'm glad you like it!

tombo1230

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:14 am

Great Job Cori. Cool guitar. I'm sure I heard a Travelling Willboury's Chord strum in there if I'm not mistaken. :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:13 am

Wauw Cori, that was gréat!

The thing I liked the most was your timing, I really paid attention to it, but your hand just moved up and down the whole time consistently, even with the soloparts, that was really really good!

And the tune soundes great as well, what can I say, very good job all around!

Cheers

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic