lueders learning Pickin & Grinnin guitar lesson

lueders

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Dennis & Tony, Geez thanks fellas. (a lot of support from veterans on this post thanks a ton.)

Dennis- your experience and skill is obvious...thanks, means a lot.
Tony-those are some really kind words there. You think it is review worthy? Wow, man thanks! Knew I liked
you Aussies.

b.t.w. Sorry to keep pushing this thread to the top of the heap...with all this stuff going on especially.
Just want to show my appreciation.

tovo

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:00 pm

lueders wrote:

b.t.w. Sorry to keep pushing this thread to the top of the heap...with all this stuff going on especially.
Don't be silly Cori. People comment on your video and it's nice that you respond. You can't respond without the thread going to the top. I doubt very much that anyone minds that!

cosmicmechanic

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Man that was good, you could spin quite a tall tale around that piece of music.

Thanks !
Pierre

Chasplaya

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:49 am

tovo wrote:
lueders wrote:

Don't be silly Cori. People comment on your video and it's nice that you respond. You can't respond without the thread going to the top. I doubt very much that anyone minds that!
Back to the top you go lol.

Gotta love those Resonators, I have mine permanently in Open G for mostly slide. Had to go grab it after listening to your piece, sounds very good enjoyed it. Fun to listen to and fun to play.

Were you playing plugged or unplugged there?

mark

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:36 am

I thought it was really good. You got exactly the country sound you were after.

I liked the lead breaks you put in there. You kept the groove of the song going well during them.
I haven't really got any sugestions, just keep making uo more variations.

Don't worry about stealing licks, I'm sure that's how everybody does it.

suziko

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:42 am

Wow, Cori, VERY cool! That is a piece to be proud of. And I love the sound of the resonator. Thanks for uploading!

Suzi

lueders

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Pierre- " a person could spin quite a tale around that piece of music..." Thanks that is quite a compliment!
Right, now the lead singer (well, only singer) wants to edit some of my darker lyrics...I think I see bad
episode of VH1's Behind the Music in the making. lol!

Chas- Thanks for viewing. Glad you liked it. Also, thanks again for your help with the background information
about resonators and this model specifically. You were a big help! I found something that suits me and
my pocket book. Everything you said was right on the money!
(Maybe someday, way, way, down the road... I'll splurge and get a big fancy tri-cone) Thanks.

Mark Thanks Mark. I'll keep stealing and recycling and building on the musical vocab. I hope you keep posting
your own original compositions. The last one was so much fun to watch. So much useful, practical stuff
to be garnered. Thanks, man.

Suzi Thank you for the kind words, Suzi. I guess I'm almost proud of it? I think it has potential but I'll keep
tinkering to see if it takes me anywhere else.. Thank you very much

jcrocket

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Cori -

That was really great - both the song itself, and the job you did playing it. I too liked the way you were able to put the picking interludes in there while maintaining the rhythm of the song. The placement of those minor chords sort of had a Son Volt or Jayhawks feel to it.

While it would be fun to see what kind of lyrics you would put with that tune, I think it stands up well as an instrumental piece.

Of course, I'm loving the reso!

Jeff

lueders

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Jay, WOW!! I've been a fan of your posts and general taste in music since you joined...so for you to say those nice positive things like that...well, it means a lot.

Son Volt? Awesome! I can't think of anybody I like better than Son Volt. (well,except Greg Brown but that's a story for another day) Thanks so much man!!

If someday you want to start an Alt. Country band you just let me know.
I'll just play rhythm and can be the front man. lol.

Thanks Again,

Cori

B.t.w. Check out "Black Prairie" I think you will really dig it!

snipe

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:21 pm

Cori,

Im a little late, but really enjoyed that. I like your style. You pulled off the lead parts really well, and kept the tempo up all the way through.

Nice Job!

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic