lueders learning Pickin & Grinnin guitar lesson

willem

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:39 am

Hi Cori,nice skills you have here and a nice tune you made there and congrat with you resonator(i go and see those here in the shops) and can't wait for some bleus and slide work,,you can do it...i think you know your scales..

michelew

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:09 am

That sounded very cool Cori. You're a creative man.

M.

schm040

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:55 am

Cori,

I noticed the same thing Ness did, your timing is rock solid. Something I need to work on.

Also, I find it interesting how some players look at their right hand more than their left.

I see you look at your right hand the most, while I look at my left and rarely my right.

The composition was very musical and the leads were catchy and clean.

Thank you.

Matt

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:04 am

Great job Cori! You didn't miss a beat the whole way through. Very entertaining. You just need a grass straw hanging out the side of your mouth for it to be really authentic :-).

AcousticAl

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 am

As with Mark's upload- nothing but admiration from me.
Really great work on this composition.

I personally wouldn't know where to start.

lueders

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks everybody...

Tom- Traveling Wilburys strum pattern I been messing around with some of their tunes in target. I suppose
you're probably right. thanks for watching

Ness- Wow,Thank you very much. If you think my timing was alright I feel pretty good 'cuz you're a human
metronome.

Michelle- Creative, wow thanks.

Matt- I got a laugh out your comment because I released I was looking all over the place like a real spaz-oid.
Thanks for the nice comments, sir.

Chris- Thank you, I'll have a blade of grass starw all ready to go for next time (Right now it is all buried in the
snow)...hee-haw! lol.

Al- Admiration? Wow, thanks Al. not sure I deserve that yet, but thanks.

Willem
- Thanks man. Since I got this resonator I guess I'll have learn a little slide stuff. Don't know too much of
that yet...I am afraid.

BigBear

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Cori- that was fantastic!! Well done! I love your resonator guitar too. Great sound.

I was expecting the old Buck Owens and Roy Clark "I'm a pickin' and I'm a grinnin'" diddy so this song was a surprise. I didn't realize there was an actual song by that name.

I also loved your leads. You were able to perform them and not lose the rthyme of the song. That was impressive!

I totally enjoyed that performance! Thanks for sharing it with us!

:cheer:

lueders

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Thanks Rick, I'm glad you liked it. Actually it is a tune I cobbled together with some random ideas out of a hybrid country C scale and trying to get "Ripple" down pat. It sort of turned into this.
I have stolen a lot of stuff...and then changed the rhythm slightly.

Thanks for the kind words....

Cori

dennisg

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:53 pm

That was terrific! Keep it up.

tovo

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Cori that was damn good. This must be quite a project for you as you play it so very well and it looks to be a pretty intricate piece. I admire the creativity and the work you have clearly put into it.

Great stuff.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a review on this piece. I think you certainly deserve to have it reviewed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic