davesnow77 learning Angie guitar lesson

davesnow77

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:16 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

MarkM

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Dave,

I liked that quite a bit!! Really nice timing on this as you were tapping out the beats. That is something that I could use some help with. I've been trying to play this song for a year now and I'm not happy with it. I think your video will help me firm up my timing. Apart from that your are real close. I'm sure just a bit more practice and all those notes will be rining out. Thanks for sharing and please post a follow up.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:35 pm

Dave!! That was great!
(and nice to meet you).

Question-
Is this version posted to TG?
I tried this a long time ago and posted a version.. but at the time I learned it, it didn't have the melody as part of the lesson yet.
Guess I can answer this myself by going back and re-checking the lesson.

Anyways, I really liked your version. And thanks for bringing me back to this awesome song.

Al

**Edit- I don't see the 'Melody Version' in the lesson. Does it not exist?
Let me know if I'm missing it.

Tx.

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Well I'm impressed, that's for sure!

Cheers

Ness

BobR

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:40 pm

Dave,

I am not sure how long you've been working on that but I thought you did a really good job. You got quite a stretch on one chord. As Mark said I would enjoy a follow up on this.

Thanks for posting
Bob

suziko

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Dave,

I just started working on Angie this week, so it was fun for me to see your upload. I really like the idea of incorporating the melody notes as Neil does in his playthrough (Al, no, there isn't a melody lesson on Angie yet), especially as this song is way too hard for me to sing!! Loved the muted section and the slide. I think that was your own flavor added to it cos I don't remember Neil doing that in his version. It's amazing how much a little percussion can add to a song!

Suzi

lueders

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Hello, Dave! Cool Post! Way to start off with a bang! I thought that sounded pretty darn good. Bold to attempt the melody line. I've experimented with that on a couple tunes and mostly got my butt kicked more or less...you've got my respect. Welcome, and keep 'em coming.

Cori

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Hello Dave... looks like you got the instructions on how to post :-).
Nice Job on Angie, really liked the way you played that. Welcome to the video poster's club... a great start!

sbutler

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:57 pm

It Certainly sounded like Angie Dave. In fact, it sounded really well.

You have obviously been practicing, great job.

Scott

beaker

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Dave,
Very nice version of Angie. I really liked it. I look forward to seeing Neil's review of this one. Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic