RicksPick Blues Licks 1-3 guitar lesson review upload

RicksPick

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi there Targetiers
I must explain the start, sat down with framing the camera when the wife turned around, did a double take and turned back giggling.

Well this is what Ive been up to lately, 3 very short vid's stuck together they are exercise 1 - 3 from the Country Blues Vol 1 - Country Blues Lessons
A little different as these are not tunes, those arnt close enough to upload yet. Every exersise was an adventure and not easy.

RicksPick

So hit me with suggestions, :laugh:

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

H

snipe

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Rick

Looks like its coming along good. I am working the same lesson, and really fun so far. Just curious about your guitar? Is it
a Taylor?

Mike

Cool cover bye the way

buddy

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Rick,

Good stuff you have going here. I worked through the same lessons and they were very helpful to my playing. You kept a nice steady mellow beat through these.

mark

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Hey Rick
I think they sound really good.
As you know the most important thing is to keep the bass notes rock steady.
I think you are doing that. There may be the occasional very slight pause when you move positions but I think this will go as you get more used to the chnages.

You could try and damp the bass strings a bit. It's personal tatse but this kind of music would normally be played with a damped bass to give it a bit of a thud.
To do that you will need to move your hand right back and lean it slightly against the bridge.

RicksPick

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Thanks Mike but no not a Taylor, Its a Vintage going through an amp with some chorus on
Nice to know others are also working through these and hopefully going to put some tunes up ??

Rick

lueders

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Sounds good to me Rick...got that Delta pulse.
I think this is real good lesson like Buddy said.

michelew

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Rick,

Sounded great to me.

My only suggestion is - cowboy hat.

Michele

RicksPick

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:33 pm

Buddy thanks

Cool you too, Im loving it, all this picking

RicksPick

RicksPick

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Mark, thanks Spot on, that dam camera doesnt help, the changes stiffen up when on camera, I will have a go at this dampening, another challenge.

Lueders, Delta pulse eh, cool like that, thanks

Michele cowboy hat eh? well i uploaded this cos of the sugestion that Ive been qwirte, lol, not sure which hat will be next.

Rick

neverfoundthetime

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Hey Rick, priceless hat in Lincoln green too! Maid Marion laugh? ;-)

Loved the sound of you plugged in did you recently have a GAS attack with that sharp cut out?
I like exercise nr. 3, sounded really cool.
Good job!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic